Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to repair DJI Phantom?

Hi there,

Would anyone be able to advise where I can bring my DJI Phantom 2 for service/repairs in SG? Quad was bought overseas.

Or if some kind bro kr sis can help diagnose the below problem?

Hovering is unstable/jittery and some "clanking" noise starts to come from the motors when i power up to take off. Never crashed. Took the props out and tried to power up, all sounds fine. Problem started after i took out the H3-2D gimbal.

Any advise very much appreciated.

Cheers
    Kohster

check if your motor is free from dust sand. if its all the motors that is giving off the sound and if the motors are spinning one faster than the other in the clockwise or counter-wise direction recalibrate them via naza assist. if not take it down to Fook Hai building B1 Singahobby. Get ready to fork out $$ for their service.

Comment

Fook Hai building .Zone 5

Comment

Do share and let us know if your problem is resolved. Good for us to know for future reference.

Comment

Should be the gain setting

Comment

did you fly at any sandy beach.... happened to me and same as you had that occasional noise from motor at high speeds - a good air spare cure it.

Also don't run motor of DJI Phantom without props at high speed as the ESC will shut down temp and make a very strange noise... that is normal for the DJI.

Another option would be to replace your motors but before that do all that is suggested above by other too..

Comment

Hey guys! Thanks for all the suggestions and advise. Very much appreciate it!

After a week at the "hospital" (not Sghobby tho), its finally repaired. The "Doctor" said he tuned up the quad. Adjusted the gains i supposed. Flight stabilty during hovering definitely improved but the noise is still there. One motor was making that noise. Not a big issue i was told so i left it alone. Replacing it wld cost me $60. Tuning cost me $80.

Will go get some airtime this weekend. Hopefully all goes well......

Cheers

Comment

Hi Kohster, can you give me the contact of your Doctor. I dunno what is wrong with mine.

I got my bro to bring to Singa Hobby and they refused to touch it because he didnt know I bought it there.

From now on, Im going to order all my things online and never going there. It was really disappointing experience.

Comment

Just checking if you know the gain setting on your phantom now?

Originally posted by kohster View Post

After a week at the "hospital" (not Sghobby tho), its finally repaired. The "Doctor" said he tuned up the quad. Adjusted the gains i supposed. Flight stabilty during hovering definitely improved but the noise is still there. One motor was making that noise. Not a big issue i was told so i left it alone. Replacing it wld cost me $60. Tuning cost me $80.

Cheers

Comment

Hi Iceburn, hope u got ur quad fixed!

Hi banaNNa, not sure abt the gains....honestly, i hv no idea what that is n what it does. The doc said he fixed it, i flew it, looks fine. Good enuf for me.

Happy flying, guys.

Cheers

Comment

FYI gains are very important to learn as they can make or break your flying experience. The Stock gains will be ok as most P2 pilot are using but depending on situation you may need to change. Flying style will also dictate the gains. My P2 (NAZA Mode) flies well with Basic Pitch/Roll/Vert at 140 and yaw at 120. and ATTI Pitch roll from 90-100 note this is not meant for fast flight and will be a little sluggish so stronger stick inputs required. calm to mild wind only maybe harder to fly under strong winds. This gains good for aerial shots (with favorable weather condition)

As for the motor sound, personally I would never fly with that sound it can cause a crash and a 60SGD fix can change to a 1k unusable P2. Try to capture a video (props off yes its ok as long as you dont do it for long period of time) arm motors and move your throttle above 50% till about 75% (less than 10 sec) lets see how bad it is. Post it hear

As for SHS been dealing with them for long time but mostly non-DJI parts I cant argue with you on the price. I get my DJI parts from another DJI distributor he is advertiser here if not mistaken (Roy RPiSG). So far he has help me even when I whacked my multi, of course I paid some of the amount but its not even close to the price if I buy individual items. My personal experience is that he has better after sales support than most distributor in SG. But I know others might have opinion but thats just my personal opinion dont take is as general consensus. I sometimes try to help him if I can when his customer got some issues.

Comment

I forgot to mention weight also affects the gain, my P2 AUW is 1.290Kg but you can use the gains mentioned as starting point and increment by 5 to your liking.

Comment

Ice burn, customer service in Singapore is pretty bad across all industries. It is stellar in the US, good in Europe. I try to buy most RC related stuff online. Bought the Phantom 2 with H33D from Singa Hobby as I needed it urgently. Prices are high here too.

Comment

Thank you very much for the info, TruckBasher. I will go find out more on gain settings!

Cheers

Comment

Hey bro, able to share with me your contact? Am facing issue with my gimbal which is tilted at a 45 degree angle. i read online about adjustments with the axle but it doesn't seem to work for long as its only a temporary fix. Anyone else facing this issue? I did try to call up Singahobby but their line is jumping to a "full inbox" voicemail.

Originally posted by kohster View Post

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                              X