Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flight times for dji f450

Hi, I am currently flying a dji 450 frame and I am really not sure if my flight time is normal. Getting about 10mins flight time(actual flying and not hover on a dime)

Motors: emax 2215/25
    ESC: hobbywing 20A skywalker
    FC: NAZA-M lite with gps detached
    additional draw: 12 led bulbs
    Battery: Voltron 3s 2800mah 30c
    Props: 8''x4.5SF nylon-fibreglass props(Cheapo ones for now, apc 8x6E waiting)

As above, is there anything wrong? especially cos I am using 8'' props when my motor takes 10''.

Attached Files

Mine also avg 10mins flying time , i use 900kv, and even dual lipo 3s 2700mah 25c

Comment

10mins is normal for a 3s quad this size. I built an F450 before with 13min hovering time with same ESC as u but 25a version with NTM 1350kv motor and 8x45 prop on 3s 2650mAh 30c

Comment

Ok....... So 10mins is normal...... But i realise when i go from a 8045sf to a 8060 e-prop, the flight time drops to abt 6 mins.

Comment

Originally posted by 1812 View Post
          Ok....... So 10mins is normal...... But i realise when i go from a 8045sf to a 8060 e-prop, the flight time drops to abt 6 mins.
          Like a little too much difference liao haha... Maybe pitch too high for the motor ba.. How much u discharge your lipo to btw?

Comment

Hmm, maybe it's also the prop shape? I use a 9047 and i am getting 9mins with abt extra 10% thrust..... It's rated to take a 10x5.5 max so should not be over pitched but then again 6 is higher than 5.5.

I usually discharge abt 2200mah, batteries come out at about 11.2v for 3s(i don't kill them). The worse i had was landing at 10.6v but that was like 2700mah cos i was above a longkang...... All with a 2800mah 3s batt

Comment

I think the sf props are more efficient compared to apc. I tried apc before also and the flight time was slightly shorter. My Y6 perform better with apc compared to sf on bottom prop though. I'm guessing due to the accelerated air from top prop. I usually discharge to 11v and sometimes 10.8v. The worst i did was 10.4v which was super scary cuz i forgot to put batt alarm

Comment

I see...... i guess slow doesn't mean push less air huh...... I haven't got any spare props(clean record so far) yet but judging by the flights and the stats around here, I'm thinking I would get the 8045 or the 9047 props since I'm gonna run through props sooner or later. good thing though, they are half the price of the apc props.

Another thing, is zenm tech trustable? Their volta batteries seem like a sweet deal. Especially their 10500 mah 3s1p battery...... for the weight and price, seems like the perfect combo.

Comment

ah and the voltage thing, thats why i love my naza, built in warning...... no bells and whistles though, literally. just a light.....

Comment

Yeah sf props seem to be more efficient. Try 10 inch and see? I'm not sure about local batts though. So far i'm a low budget everything from hobbyking type of flyer
                    If the motors don't feel warm on 8 or 9 inch then i think 10 shouldn't be an issue. But generally i think smaller prop might be better as they can change speeds quicker.

Comment

10x4.7sf was 6 min. No change in power........ I also went to try 10x5.5e-prop out of curiosity, 3mins

I use pretty much lower end stuff in terms of price, but it's just that their batts seem real good. Their 3s5200mah is $64. Pretty good already, esp for the weight

Comment

Higher Pitch- More thrust - higher amp draw - lesser flight time

Lesser pitch - less thrust - lower amp draw - longer flight time

If diameter of prop is increased, decrease the pitch.

If voltage of setup is increased, the prop must be downsized if not your ESC/motor will be burnt trying to swing the prop to rated RPM.

Just curious, when did you all start RC flying?
                        "For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return." - Leonardo Da Vinci

Comment

i see, seems like 8045 works best so far......

eh, officially, begining of this month....... technically, last year sept with my school projects...... btw, dji arms are made for 22xx motors, i drilled 2 holes in a broken arm and managed to put a 35mm motor which uses 10'' prop to pull 1.5kg on......

Comment

Originally posted by wanna_be_pilot View Post
                            Just curious, when did you all start RC flying?
                            I started a year ago!

Comment

Working...
                            X