Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my scale cobra

coming up my 2nd super Cobra AH 1W fuselage for Mini Titan...still under construction...with cockpit....any ideas to add more details to the fuselage

Originally posted by helicraft View Post
    coming up my 2nd super Cobra AH 1W fuselage for Mini Titan...still under construction...with cockpit....any ideas to add more details to the fuselage
    Flybarless.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrianli View Post
      Flybarless.

Comment

my scale cobra

Originally posted by Adrianli View Post
        Flybarless.
        I really wish to ,beside the cost ...I also dun know how it is done.....
        I just want to own one and keep it for long a stable n scale heli .Rotor head n tail are all metal.
        Do you have exact info on the lighting type and location .

I welcome your ideas.....saluted all your posts ...

Comment

Nice and pretty!!!

If u have chance to create unguided rockets pod and hellfire, u might want to dump the AIM-9 missile instead.

I have minor concern that your heli might be too heavy for the stock 2 blades. What is the total weight so far?

SH

Comment

Your cockpit dem nice. Got HUD some more. I have an AH1S and AH1W but both dont have as much detail as yours.
            Chuang Yee

[COLOR="DarkOrange"][SIZE="1"]Thunder Tiger G4 Nitro & G4 E720, Goblin 500, 630 & 700, Compass 7HV, JR NEX 50 FBL Nitro, Logo 550SX, Blade 130x, Shuttle Plus 2+, Hirobo SDX thats all [/SIZE][/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by helicraft View Post
              I really wish to ,beside the cost ...I also dun know how it is done.....
              I just want to own one and keep it for long a stable n scale heli .Rotor head n tail are all metal.
              Do you have exact info on the lighting type and location .

I welcome your ideas.....saluted all your posts ...
              I forgot where I got this but I got this.

Chuang Yee

[COLOR="DarkOrange"][SIZE="1"]Thunder Tiger G4 Nitro & G4 E720, Goblin 500, 630 & 700, Compass 7HV, JR NEX 50 FBL Nitro, Logo 550SX, Blade 130x, Shuttle Plus 2+, Hirobo SDX thats all [/SIZE][/COLOR]

Comment

my scale cobra

Thanks Bros,

Hi Chuang Yee,
                thanks for the drwg too ...wow !! main blade also got light ..that's tough to make ..the rest is easy to add-on lighting either LED or fiber-optic .

SH,
                Didn't weight it but I already hover it without much problem...thee problem is me, still very bad with flying skill otherwise,I may thought of the fun to join the statics competition in around NOV'09 @ Tuas. BTW Got picture of rockets pod and hellfire ?

more idea!!!

Comment

I try to find pictures of rocket pods and hellfire if I can.

Really, with that detail u have, u should consider going 2 bladed flybarless also. The self-powered light on the blades, u can ignore that at the moment.

Also, if u want even more scale, u can consider going Counterclock wise rotation as well. U do not need to swap the tail rotor when going CCW rotation because the real AH-1W has its tail on the right already. But u need to flip the tail rotor blade grip for more pitch though.

SH

Comment

my scale cobra

Originally posted by Super-Hornet View Post
                    I try to find pictures of rocket pods and hellfire if I can.

Really, with that detail u have, u should consider going 2 bladed flybarless also. The self-powered light on the blades, u can ignore that at the moment.

Also, if u want even more scale, u can consider going Counterclock wise rotation as well. U do not need to swap the tail rotor when going CCW rotation because the real AH-1W has its tail on the right already. But u need to flip the tail rotor blade grip for more pitch though.

SH
                    Hi SH,
                    WOW LAU!!. this Counterclock wise rotation is too complicated for me too..at the moment not my standard to do it..May consider the flybarless after everything is done. izzit just change the whole rotor head and need to add electronics cos I really no idea about it ..also estimate cost to change to flybarless.

Comment

What is your tail gyro right now?
                      If your tail gyro is good (not those cheapo, unbranded, unrealiable China made), u can consider getting SK360. It should be cheaper than getting Mini-VBar.

For 2 bladed flybarless, u can reuse back your existing MT rotor system. U can follow Adrianli because he is in the process of converting 2 bladed flybarred to flybarless. He is converting HDX500 size...but the process should be the same.

As for CCW rotation, u need to:
                      1. flip the One-Way bearing upside down.
                      2. Swap any 2 wires of the motor.
                      3. Flip the tail belt 180Degree.
                      4. Flip the tail blade grip from leading edge to trailing edge.
                      5. Reverse tail servo channel.
                      6. Reverse tail gyro direction sensing.

SH

Comment

Originally posted by Super-Hornet View Post
                        What is your tail gyro right now?
                        If your tail gyro is good (not those cheapo, unbranded, unrealiable China made), u can consider getting SK360. It should be cheaper than getting Mini-VBar.

For 2 bladed flybarless, u can reuse back your existing MT rotor system. U can follow Adrianli because he is in the process of converting 2 bladed flybarred to flybarless. He is converting HDX500 size...but the process should be the same.

As for CCW rotation, u need to:
                        1. flip the One-Way bearing upside down.
                        2. Swap any 2 wires of the motor.
                        3. Flip the tail belt 180Degree.
                        4. Flip the tail blade grip from leading edge to trailing edge.
                        5. Reverse tail servo channel.
                        6. Reverse tail gyro direction sensing.

SH

SH,
                        Trust your recommendation of SK360 is good with my gyro 401.
                        After that, what about the set-up for the TX (I m using DX6i ) and mechnical adjustment needed?
                        Ok ,SK360 who is selling or any available info from local hobby shop.
                        ......the heat is ON to make it flyb--less

Comment

SK360 is available in RCS, Flying-Hobby and some other shop that I can't remember.

Remember that, getting SK360 because you already have tail gyro is cheaper.
                          But if u intend to use/transfer your GY401 to other heli, then getting Mini-VBar for this heli is also another option u can choose.

In summary, lower cost, SK360. If u want another heli, Mini-VBar also not bad.

For TX setting, u can just set it as mCCPM setting. Your DX6i should be able to do that. Mechanical setting on the servo side can remain the same (No change).

SH

Comment

my scale cobra

thanks SH,
                            Will check it out at the shop to find out more..

Comment

veri swee

Comment

Working...
                              X