Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Motor Mounting Hole stripped

Hi all, need some help here, i found out that i have stripped one of my motor mounting holes on my 450th ! i cant use the other 2 set of holes because the length between the hole's are different... i was thinking of threading a bigger hole on the existing stripped hole...anyone done this before ?

A picture of the motor mounting hole's the stripped hole is the one with a scuffed mark ..

Comment

you can try to tap a bigger hole in. I guess it should work. I can't help but say this, THAT IS A VERY NICE PICTURE!

Comment

Hi Jonathon,

What frame are you using. If it is the Stock plastic frame, it might be easier to enlarge one of the hole on the chasis (elongate sidewards) so that the holes are set further apart to fit the other pair of good motor screw holes (which I think is further apart than the strip one).

Otherwise, you will have to tap new thread but be careful not to drop any metal parts into the motor during tapping.

hOpE thIs HeLPs
        Heli
        Honey Bee CP2 : Sold (Maiden:17 Dec 05)
        Trex 450XL (CDE) : MM450TH, Quark 33A, GY401, JR RS10DS (Maiden : Align Frame - 1 Jul 06; SuperFrame - 29 Aug 06)

Plane
        Estarter : Align 450s, Align 25A, Electron 6 (Maiden :16 Sep 06)

PT-17w : Sold
        Buggy
        Acme NB 16 : Half 8 Nitro (Maiden :23 Dec 06)

Transmtter : JR PCM 9X II, Aggressor SRX
        Charger : Tahmazo T15
        Balancer : TP205
        Battery :Thunder Power, FullRiver, Warbird

Comment

I would tap the hole with a heli coil tap (Reversed threads) and apply a M 2.5 heli coil .....too much work to dremel out the holes in the frames.

pm me if you would like me to help !

Cheers !
          Seriously running out of ...Storage space !

Comment

Working...
          X