Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stupid question is heli single rotor considerate as drone?

Collapse

Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stupid question is heli single rotor considerate as drone?

I'm flying cfx 180 but many drone flyers alway come and ask me this question.
    Cfx 180 with battery weight less than 250g, so even if they say it a "drone" it still in category under 250g. Dun need regristration with caas.
    But to help answer the question, is rc helicopter considerate as drone?

Yes, RC helicopters are considered as drones.
    Last edited by daddyhobbyadmin; 11-08-2021, 08:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by poorman View Post
      Yes, RC helicopters are considered as a drone.
      Thank for the reply. Ok, I dun think I can fly my oyx 2 anymore..
      Currently, left my cfx 180, omphobby M1 and blade 150s. All micro heli...

Comment

In Singapore basically the authorities have written their laws to consider rc models as drones ... sadly speaking.

I think it can properly interpreted this way - as long as the rc heli you operate exceeds 250g, the rc heli will need the sticker from CAAS and you will need to register with CAAS.

However, regardless of whether the rc heli is exceeding 250g, you should always only be operating the rc heli in the allowed areas which have more than 5km/10km away from air bases, and not operate the rc heli in a shared public space near to public facilities or buildings ( i.e. mrt, bus--stop, ) for public safety. and operate it below the allowed flight ceiling (under 60m from sea-level).

Comment

yeah , i researched on it, an RC helicopter is not considered a drone by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) in the United States, or the Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore (CAAS) because it does not meet the definition of an unmanned aircraft system (UAS), which is defined as an aircraft that is operated without the possibility of direct human intervention from within or on the aircraft.

So in Singapore, you don't need to register your CFX 180 with CAAS, as it is considered as a model aircraft with weight less than 250g.

It's worth noting that, regulations regarding the use of drones and other aircraft may vary by country,

Comment

The term UAV (unmanned aerial vehicle) , UA (unmanned aircraft) and drone is interchangeable to describe an aircraft that is not manned, ie no pilot on board. I prefer to use the term unmanned aircraft. I avoid using the word drone because it can be used for other unmanned vehicles, such as cars, boats or submarines even robots.

UAS (Unmanned aerial systems) is the unmanned aircraft and its associated elements such as your radio control or other components depending how sophisticated the UAS is.

It is important to note that CAAS recognises all RC aircraft (regardless of the weight) as an unmanned aircraft, including rc helicopters. The requirement is that if any UA exceeds 250g, you're required by law to register the UA. It does not mean that CAAS does not recognise it as a UA if it is under 250g.

Thanks!
            Kedi AH !

Comment

Working...
            X