Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

YongChun,
    I have been following the Depron Dynamite Thread for quite long... just make sure u build it light. Check youtube for its flight videos, and u will understand how light it is supposed to be. I even bought the smaller NimH cells just for this plane. If u want, PM me and i can pass it to you if u wanna try.

Comment

Originally posted by sherchoo View Post
      Saw NTC had some carbon tow on their shelves today. Price around $10...

oh yeah, It was not called carbon tow.... I think it was called carbon tape... just ask for carbon tape... the "chinese' storekeeper will know it.

I just checked NTC on-line, they call it Carbon fiber tape. It is listed as "on-order"

CF1-1 ART HOBBY 1 In. X 1 Yard Carbon Fiber Tape USD 13.00 ON ORDER

Comment

@sherchoo ohhh is it the one thats rolled up in a small plastic bag?

@msc alright i'll go check it out again! thanks so much!

@MicroHeli-Nut yea i know my build's taking way too long >< oh NimH?i see a lot of people using NimH instead of small lipos. i've got myself some little lipos though. so you built one of these as well? may i know how you did the pod? im in the midst of making one but im sure its way too heavy ><

Comment

Originally posted by YongChun View Post
          @sherchoo ohhh is it the one thats rolled up in a small plastic bag?
          Yes, it's rolled up in a around a cardboard measuring about 4" X 6" and packed in a plastic bag. msc is spot on about the name of the product. Only have a couple of packs left on display.

SG Fr3ak League : www.facebook.com/#!/groups/SG.Fr3aK.League
          BR Slopers : www.facebook.com/groups/BRslopers

Comment

Alright. its been weeks since i started now i finally found time to continue >< (the original guy took like 3 evenings and im taking like more than 3 weeks? haizzz...)

i cut the boom to length then built a box around it to attach it to the pod.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2756.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	300.3 KB
ID:	974874

then i made a few bulkheads with nuts embedded in them to attach the wing

Name:	IMG_2757.JPG
Size:	333.7 KB
ID:	974875

to make the shape, i decided to make it simple with straight lines, cutting out individual pieces for each side. i sanded a chamfer on the front to make the pieces fit nicely

Name:	IMG_2759.JPG
Size:	319.3 KB
ID:	974876

later i found out it was narrower than the top and bottom pieces that i had already cut so i decided to add a shim on the side

Name:	IMG_2760.JPG
Size:	347.7 KB
ID:	974877

then i cut a hole for the servo to stick out through the side

Name:	IMG_2761.JPG
Size:	341.8 KB
ID:	974878

Comment

tail boom

look like you are using hobby shop carbon tube as tail boom. they are too heavy for this application. you may need nose weight to balance the plane. check this website they have carbon fiber tube. brand name is "sky shark" http://www.passionkites.com/.

they have displayed carbon tube length and weight in their website. by using digital weight scale you may compare your current tail boom weight with sky shark tube weight.

Comment

ya, i agree, its really heavy and because its straight instead of being tapered, its quite wobbly at the tail end...unless you use a much thicker tube but again the weight....for my own scratch build dlg, i ended up putting 50g up in the nose.

Comment

@Kumar123 Yes I am. Oh man... I will use it on my next build. Thank you anyways!

@janson if need weight in front, then maybe I try to reinforce the fuse? Lol

Comment

balsa + monokote will be more than enough. i did mine with balsa and covered with monokcote, it can withstand even the most jialat crash and nose plants into the ground. apart from the monokote peeling off at the edges, everything was good as new. all that with 50g of lead in the nose.

Comment

Working...
                    X