Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Twyl View Post
    Nice! Now just make sure you have a uncrushable/undentable box. Keep in mind it may not be the 20kg bag thrown on top of it, but the 20kg bag thrown on top of the 20kg bag or the 20kg bag thrown on the 20kg bag thats on top of the 20kg bag that's on top of your glider

Sorry, but that box you posted a picture of kind of scares me knowing the precious cargo that's going to go in it. Keep in mind everyone but me in America flies mode 2 (at least I've yet to meet another mode 1 flier) so Tony and his friends won't be able to let you fly their planes. Well at least it wouldn't be any fun. I can think my way through mode 2 but it's too intense to enjoy and acrobatics or fast low passes are out of the question.

-Jonathan
    who wants to see more box pictures
    Yup...i agreed with you of the chance that I am taking. The box is actually quite decent protection...., got it from Pang. It is the box that use to hold the Typhoon...
    So far have not got a second alternative that is not too costly. The Energic line uo is good but using all high end servos like MKS....so it is high but right price. I am only using KDS on my Schwing for my limited skill..

Jonathan

Comment

picture of the box...
      Click image for larger version

Name:	8520270994_bb45744610_z.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	120.2 KB
ID:	974109

Comment

Originally posted by JYHELI View Post
        Yup...i agreed with you of the chance that I am taking. The box is actually quite decent protection...., got it from Pang. It is the box that use to hold the Typhoon...
        So far have not got a second alternative that is not too costly. The Energic line uo is good but using all high end servos like MKS....so it is high but right price. I am only using KDS on my Schwing for my limited skill..

Jonathan
        Hi Jonathan,

We corresponded over PM. You may wish to use my Sportube for free.
        Althougn its brand new, i am acceptable for any scratches or knocks occured during the transportation.
        It has been lying in my house for sometime and its a waste if its not being used.

Your concern is that its a bit heavy but you are free to take a look and handle it, it may change your mind.

Of course I can't guarantee that your glider will not be damaged ;)

john
        MiniTitanV2 (FBL): Koby 40LV; HC3SX; TM1000
        Trex 550E: Jive 80 hv; BeastX; TM1000
        DSX7; DX8
        Favourite tools: RJX swashplate leveler; Thunder Tiger blade balancer; RC Logger digital pitch gauge; Iroda iron; Proxxon drill set; Real Flight.

Comment

Originally posted by jinjin View Post
          Hi Jonathan,

We corresponded over PM. You may wish to use my Sportube for free.
          Althougn its brand new, i am acceptable for any scratches or knocks occured during the transportation.
          It has been lying in my house for sometime and its a waste if its not being used.

Your concern is that its a bit heavy but you are free to take a look and handle it, it may change your mind.

Of course I can't guarantee that your glider will not be damaged ;)

john
          John,
          Thank you very much for your offer....a couple of great buddy also line up for me to borrow their sport tube...love the community here .... I just wanted to keep my travel light. Thanks again.

I will bring along some FG cloth and eproxy...

Jonathan

Comment

Jonathan, with all due respect, you are crazy. To decide not to go buy one is one thing but to turn down an offer to borrow one is nutts. The sportube is the way to go. It isn't really that heavy and, heck they have wheels so do the right thing and borrow it. Traveling a little heavier with a nice glider is a million times better then traveling light with pieces of a broken glider. Trust me on that one.

-Jonathan

Comment

Name:	IMG_2893.jpg
Size:	641.1 KB
ID:	974112

Name:	IMG_2894.jpg
Size:	667.0 KB
ID:	974113

Name:	IMG_2901.jpg
Size:	778.0 KB
ID:	974114

Note the wooden pole. This is to make sure the tube does not get closed tighter then the wings when security opens it up.

Name:	IMG_2902.jpg
Size:	735.1 KB
ID:	974115

Name:	IMG_2903.jpg
Size:	702.4 KB
ID:	974116

Name:	IMG_2904.jpg
Size:	628.1 KB
ID:	974117

Name:	IMG_2906.jpg
Size:	780.8 KB
ID:	974118

I made a handle to pull it with. String and heatshrink tubing.

Name:	IMG_5550.jpg
Size:	660.4 KB
ID:	974120

Wheels baby!

Name:	IMG_5551.jpg
Size:	710.5 KB
ID:	974121

Name:	IMG_5552.jpg
Size:	715.5 KB
ID:	974122

Name:	stuffed with packing material.JPG
Size:	309.3 KB
ID:	974123

Attached Files

Comment

Jonathan,
                thank you very much for your advice. I should at least go take a look physically and test it out.
                Jonathan

Comment

Jonathan,
                  thank you very much for your advice. I should at least go take a look physically and test it out.
                  Jonathan
                  No worries, and sorry for being pushy on this, but I'd really hate for you to break one of your new toys when you could have protected it. Not just because that would be sad, but because you wouldn't be able to fly it in SF like you are planning. The only way I'd go with the cardboard box setup is if you are carrying it on, but if you are checking it...

-Jonathan

Comment

Jonathan, get a chance to peek at one of the Sportubes being offered?

Here's another short teaser for you, and perhaps your next trip you can work in a Southern California detour. This is actually my first time taking footage from my glider, and my first real effort to mix/edit video. Hope you like.

-Jonathan

P.S. Still waiting for some feedback from some locals who know Tony. Will let you know when I hear something.

Comment

Jonathan,

You are a real teaser

I had a accident on my glider yesterday at our only slope, so hopefully i will fixed it up in time for the trip. So with that I am going to fly out. SInce it is not new, i will likely still use the box.
                      However not to worry I have line up a RTF glider ( configure for competition) ship to me when I arrive in my hotel. So all is good.

Jonathan

Here's another short teaser for you, and perhaps your next trip you can work in a Southern California detour. This is actually my first time taking footage from my glider, and my first real effort to mix/edit video. Hope you like.

-Jonathan

P.S. Still waiting for some feedback from some locals who know Tony. Will let you know when I hear something.

Comment

Jonathan,
                        Just learn you flew with Brandon ...so you probably got to see the glider I am getting ..

Comment

Jonathan,
                          Just learn you flew with Brandon ...so you probably got to see the glider I am getting ..
                          Haha, yeah, I just got back from flying with him, but we only had the wings out. Good thing cause you wouldn't want him doing this with the Energic.

I actually haven't seen the one in question, but Brandon takes real good care of his planes so you should be in good hands.

-Jonathan

Comment

-Jonathan

Hmm, ...you referring to me ?
                            Seriously running out of ...Storage space !

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostfit View Post
                              Hmm, ...you referring to me ?
                              Tony, I was talking about another Tony in SF who I introduced Jonathan to and who has volunteered to show him around and take him to their local slope. Sorry for the confusion, and welcome to the Jonathan talking to Jonathan thread talking about a Tony confused with another Tony...

-Jonathan

Comment

Ah ! ...I see, Tony's too common a name LOL !

You guys have fun in SF !!
                                Seriously running out of ...Storage space !

Comment

Working...
                                X