Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing Controller's transmitter?

Hi,

Sorry if this is a noob thread but recently i bought 2 RC cars so i could play with my son. It isn't some high tech rc cars but i just wanted to have a fun time with my son. But unfortunately the 2 cars come in the same frequency of 27Mhz? So i did a bit of reading and playing around and discovered that the transmitter on the controller (if i'm making any sense), is on a 27.145 frequency (as it's written on the quartz)? And i think the receiver on the car can be adjusted (it has some knob that i can turn)? So i'm guessing all i have to do is just change the quartz crystal or transmitter on the controller to a different band within 27Mhz and make some tuning on the car's receiver and it should work?

But problem is where can i get a different quartz crystal in Singapore?

Much thanks for your help!

Depend on your radio..
    I love PAP

Comment

Hi Doofie,

I suppose what you got are toy grade rc cars which you may only have to use them one at a time. The receiver quartz crystals are generally soldered on the circuit board and it may be tricky to resolder new receiver crystals to fit your transmitter frequency. If not done properly the whole car may be damaged. It may not be economically viable to do that as well, though crystals are cheaper and getting redundant/limited nowadays with 2.4 ghz technology.. I am in the midst of dismantling a toy RC car for upgrade and modification purpose. Hope I can learn more subsequently.
      Please share too if you got any luck as well.

Comment

which car did you have?

Originally posted by doofie View Post
        Hi,

Sorry if this is a noob thread but recently i bought 2 RC cars so i could play with my son. It isn't some high tech rc cars but i just wanted to have a fun time with my son. But unfortunately the 2 cars come in the same frequency of 27Mhz? So i did a bit of reading and playing around and discovered that the transmitter on the controller (if i'm making any sense), is on a 27.145 frequency (as it's written on the quartz)? And i think the receiver on the car can be adjusted (it has some knob that i can turn)? So i'm guessing all i have to do is just change the quartz crystal or transmitter on the controller to a different band within 27Mhz and make some tuning on the car's receiver and it should work?

But problem is where can i get a different quartz crystal in Singapore?

Much thanks for your help!
        which car did you have?

Comment

post ur car, tx, rx , crystal pics here so that we can advice. unless ur tx rx crystal is removable, else u cant change the frequency.
          Flying RC is like dating a girl...;)

Comment

Working...
          X