Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn it... I strip the differential

Played for 2 hrs just now.. I notice that there is a steaking sound coming out from my MT, and it wouldnt shoot as usual.. The torque seems to be weak.. so i tried to face againts the wall.. and yes i am correct... the streaking sound could be heard when the engine rev to full speed

at home now, and opened both gear box.. both were stripped...
    Gonna go get it tomoro... must get the heavy duty ones...
    those are EX.. but better than getting the stock ones... haiz..
    -= Prowd Owner Of HPI SavageSS 4.6 =-

Originally posted by Shoot_RS4MT2
    Played for 2 hrs just now.. I notice that there is a steaking sound coming out from my MT, and it wouldnt shoot as usual.. The torque seems to be weak.. so i tried to face againts the wall.. and yes i am correct... the streaking sound could be heard when the engine rev to full speed

at home now, and opened both gear box.. both were stripped...
    Gonna go get it tomoro... must get the heavy duty ones...
    those are EX.. but better than getting the stock ones... haiz..
    Hi RS4MT2, which differential did you strip? I had a rush evo which i changed the diff to a carbide ball one, really make a world of diff!

Hirobo XRB Sky Robo Shuttle [V.O.R.]
    | Hirobo SRB Quark [M.I.A.] | TT Innovator MD530

Comment

Hi,

I stripped the front differential... or i think its call the final gear. I bought 2X Heavy Duty final gears to replace both front and back. http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXJYM2&P=ML

Now my torque is much better...

Comment

sigh

i smashed my 2 diffs also......what luck! it seems like there is a potential problem....dun know whether its because of the continuous high speed runs though....then i use my spare truck and the same s*#t happens.! and my friend savage too....REVENGE OF THE DIFF. :na

Comment

I am the friend ...Savage both front and rear diff gone..!! what luck..!
          Regards

Comment

Hi,

I stripped the front differential... or i think its call the final gear. I bought 2X Heavy Duty final gears to replace both front and back. http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXJYM2&P=ML

Now my torque is much better...
            Just make sure to shim it if there's too much free play and grease it like kaya.
            For some people it's important to show what they have, for others it's sufficient to know that they have it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mad Armour
              Just make sure to shim it if there's too much free play and grease it like kaya.
              u mean the diff gear box got shim which is very important to prevent damaging the diff
              Sanwa M8 Version 3

Kyosho Inferno777 SP2 WC/STS21D

Comment

Originally posted by neo
                u mean the diff gear box got shim which is very important to prevent damaging the diff
                some diff may not have shims. sometimes we shim it ourselves. the point is that if the gears in the diff box has too much free play, the gears may be contacting with each other on the tip of the gear, and this tends to strip the gears easily. but hor, also dun go and shim until tight tight
                Go Track Repair Car...Dun Call Me
                Go Track Talk Also...Dun Call Me
                Go Track Play Car...Can Call Me :na

Comment

Originally posted by neo
                  If you look at the pic, you'll see the thin washer-like thingy, that's the shim. Look at your Mad Force manual and some area need to put shims.
                  For some people it's important to show what they have, for others it's sufficient to know that they have it.

Comment

Originally posted by sspp
                    some diff may not have shims. sometimes we shim it ourselves. the point is that if the gears in the diff box has too much free play, the gears may be contacting with each other on the tip of the gear, and this tends to strip the gears easily. but hor, also dun go and shim until tight tight
                    Just follow the manual lah.....Additional shim needed when the gear are worn off. Either change the the gears or add shim... anyway, there is a limit to that

Comment

Originally posted by Orangie
                      Just follow the manual lah.....Additional shim needed when the gear are worn off. Either change the the gears or add shim... anyway, there is a limit to that
                      there is a reason why i say dun put till tight tight right
                      Go Track Repair Car...Dun Call Me
                      Go Track Talk Also...Dun Call Me
                      Go Track Play Car...Can Call Me :na

Comment

Originally posted by sspp
                        there is a reason why i say dun put till tight tight right
                        Tight tigh very good leh ... shiok shiok ...

Comment

Originally posted by Orangie
                          Tight tigh very good leh ... shiok shiok ...

Comment

Hahahahah... after running slowly for sometime, it would sit in nicely

Comment

ran it yesterday... everything runs well.. its how i first got the truck

Comment

Working...
                              X