Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Converting Nitro Powered to Electric

Hi All,
    Just wanna ask if anyone has any advice on converting a Nitro Car to an Electric one.
    I've got two old nitro kits sitting in my cupboard and I dont really want to get back in that line, I'm looking to go clean with the Electric.

Does anyone know of any conversion kits? or Shops that do the conversion? And the rough price guage?

THanks!

Cheers.

Originally posted by nemesisskywalker View Post
    Hi All,
    Just wanna ask if anyone has any advice on converting a Nitro Car to an Electric one.
    I've got two old nitro kits sitting in my cupboard and I dont really want to get back in that line, I'm looking to go clean with the Electric.

Does anyone know of any conversion kits? or Shops that do the conversion? And the rough price guage?

THanks!

Cheers.
    What cars u hv? Esc n motor will cost u from $300-500 depending on brands. Hobbywing, tekin, mamba monster n etc.

Conversion kit will depends on wat cars u own. Currently rc monster, Rc design n tekno has conversion kit. $60-180

batts from $80-300 depends of brands. --------- sells cheap zippys. Polyquest, neu energy n etc.

So it depends how deep your pocket is.

I am a 1/8 Ep racer using hobbywing esc, tekin motor n zippy batts. Call or txt me if u need help. Alan 94564029
    Mugen Mrx2, HW 4274, HW Xerun150esc 6s
    SCRT, HW Sct motor, HW Xerun120esc 2s
    Team Driver for HobbyWing, Acorn racing & ManiacRC

Comment

Bro are u still keen to convert? No news from u

Comment

The Novak Conversion Kit is compatible with the Novak #3020 and #3021 HV High-Voltage Brushless Systems, and is available individually or as a combo kit with these systems. The kit includes a Motor Heat Sink and Motor Mount specifically designed for the Novak 550-size HV motors; Two Battery Boxes for dual 2S Li-Po packs or dual 6-cell Ni-MH packs; and a Steering Servo Mount (replaces dual servo mount set-up as the mechanical brakes and brake servo are no longer needed). Kit includes all the necessary Hardware to complete the conversion.

Comment

Originally posted by samueleric View Post
          The Novak Conversion Kit is compatible with the Novak #3020 and #3021 HV High-Voltage Brushless Systems, and is available individually or as a combo kit with these systems. The kit includes a Motor Heat Sink and Motor Mount specifically designed for the Novak 550-size HV motors; Two Battery Boxes for dual 2S Li-Po packs or dual 6-cell Ni-MH packs; and a Steering Servo Mount (replaces dual servo mount set-up as the mechanical brakes and brake servo are no longer needed). Kit includes all the necessary Hardware to complete the conversion.
          Novak hardware dun work well in Asia, becoz of support n heat. If u hv read the rctech 1/8 electric novak is not popular at all.

We use hobbywing, tekin n castle hardware.

Comment

Originally posted by superek4 View Post
            What cars u hv? Esc n motor will cost u from $300-500 depending on brands. Hobbywing, tekin, mamba monster n etc.

Conversion kit will depends on wat cars u own. Currently rc monster, Rc design n tekno has conversion kit. $60-180

batts from $80-300 depends of brands. --------- sells cheap zippys. Polyquest, neu energy n etc.

So it depends how deep your pocket is.

I am a 1/8 Ep racer using hobbywing esc, tekin motor n zippy batts. Call or txt me if u need help. Alan 94564029
            I have a GS Storm SUT nitro 1/8. based on what you say, it means that it will cost around sgd400-500? huh... where in singapore sell nitro to electric conversion kit that fit GS storm SUT? many thanks.

Comment

U can try Rc monster, but most likely no more as sut is a old car.

Comment

Originally posted by superek4 View Post
                U can try Rc monster, but most likely no more as sut is a old car.
                huh... ok. many thanks. it only mean just how long i was out of touch.

Comment

Tamiya TGX MK1 Nitro conversion to EP

Originally posted by nemesisskywalker View Post
                  Hi All,

THanks!

Cheers.
                  Me did a simple conversion job with the help of a frenz.... (see attachs)
                  Now using brushless, better power
                  thxs.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                  X