Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice needed -Maintaining your 1/8 NitroTruggy

Need advice on maintaining a truggy! 3 quick questions I hope some exp folks can answer

1) After each run, you should take out the glow plug and air filter and add after run oil.. correct? but the engine/heatsink is often itself dirty... whats the most practical/simplest way of cleaning it before taking the plug out? any suggestions? For all the talk about how a bit of dust could kill the engine, imagine a speck of sand getting in from opening the glow plug.. haha

2) Diffs - when one opens the centre, front or rear diffs to do maintanence, how do you clean it out? The silicon oil (7000 and 10,000 ct) is thick as can be!! I think I made a mistake when I left the parts to soak overnight in citrus degreaser solution!! Which bring me to my next question

3) maintanence of Bearings - I soaked it in too... now Im not sure if thats supposed to be done! One of them feels like it has become... a 'one way bearing'!! and a 'sandy' one at that!

hope to get some tips soon!

bro, this is how i maintain my buggy after each race...

Originally posted by elty19 View Post
    Need advice on maintaining a truggy! 3 quick questions I hope some exp folks can answer

1) After each run, you should take out the glow plug and air filter and add after run oil.. correct? but the engine/heatsink is often itself dirty... whats the most practical/simplest way of cleaning it before taking the plug out? any suggestions? For all the talk about how a bit of dust could kill the engine, imagine a speck of sand getting in from opening the glow plug.. haha

if you are going to store the engine for months...yes, you can add a little of after run oil but if you are going to play it everyweekend or only 2 times a month, leave without after run oil. But make sure every after end of your bashing, make sure you crank it dried nitro from your engine.

2) Diffs - when one opens the centre, front or rear diffs to do maintanence, how do you clean it out? The silicon oil (7000 and 10,000 ct) is thick as can be!! I think I made a mistake when I left the parts to soak overnight in citrus degreaser solution!! Which bring me to my next question

normally, we just overturn and let the diff oil flow out and use any papercloth to clean it. To be hornest, not nessary to clean it like brand new but least its acceptable to you. And if have time, leave it overnight, and the diff will all be flow out even on the bavel gear.

3) maintanence of Bearings - I soaked it in too... now Im not sure if thats supposed to be done! One of them feels like it has become... a 'one way bearing'!! and a 'sandy' one at that!

NO NO, to clean your bearing even it damn dirty or dusty..leave it or you will spoilt it faster !! Nowasday, bearing at cheap if you can find, we change ard after 2 full race. Why spend money on that kind of soaking maintainance ??

hope to get some tips soon!
    .................................................. ......................

1/10 On Road

Kyosho VoneRRR-EvoWC

1/8 Off-Road

Kyosho MP9

Member of EDMW plus NPNT

เวลาช่วยรักษาแผลใจ
    กับผมแล้วผมเห็นว่าเราชะนะแน่

Comment

thanks!

thanks for the tips man! appreciate it!

Comment

no problem,

forget to mention how to avoid dust/dirt from getting in the plug button when u what to change is

1- air blow using air compressor before u remove the glow plug or,

2- upside down your truck when u remove the plug so the dust/dirt won't be flow back to the hole. This is most common way when we are in the mid of the race going...

hope this help
        .................................................. ......................

1/10 On Road

Kyosho VoneRRR-EvoWC

1/8 Off-Road

Kyosho MP9

Member of EDMW plus NPNT

เวลาช่วยรักษาแผลใจ
        กับผมแล้วผมเห็นว่าเราชะนะแน่

Comment

Working...
        X