Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nitro engine tips

Just 'restarted' playing with a nitro car, can someone refresh my memory about the best' after run procedures?
    I've seen some videos where they remove the filter and plug after every run and use wd40 to clean it... WD40?

Also, how often does one change the filter for offroad bashing?

thanks!

Originally posted by elty19 View Post
    Just 'restarted' playing with a nitro car, can someone refresh my memory about the best' after run procedures?
    I've seen some videos where they remove the filter and plug after every run and use wd40 to clean it... WD40?

Also, how often does one change the filter for offroad bashing?

thanks!
    Bro,
    WD40 contain small amount of water, it will corrode the piston, conrod & etc of the engine.
    Better to use after-run oil or tamiya engine treatment oil, to safe guard yr precious engine....

Thxs

Comment

quoted from http://www.rcquestions.com/

Date: 20 February 2008 19:03
      Jamie
      For those of you who like to use pull starters or roto-starters, you may find that after engine break-in, and at various intervals in general, your one way bearing will slip making the engine hard to start.

I read around on other forums and what not, and read that cleaning the one-way bearing with ether, then putting either singer sewing machine oil, or after run oil on it, would fix it.

No!!!

Cleaning the oil off with ether will temporarily resolve the problem, until next time. Take my advice here guys, go to your hobbyshop and ask for "One Way" lube. (No, can't get it at the adult stores...)

The brand I used is "Serpent" one - way lube. Just put one drop on your one-way bearing and rotate it in there. Apparently the one-way lube stops the oil from your fuel from binding with the one-way bearing, so it doesn't slip. You can use any brand of one-way lube you like, it all does the same thing.

I can say that singer sewing oil or after-run oil do not fix a slipping one-way. They make it worse!

Spend $14 AU on one-way lube and you won't be sorry. You only need one drop each time the one-way slips (every few tanks or so) so the bottle will last for yonks.

Found all of this out the hard way - thought I might save you guys the hassle.

**Edit** I have also found out that using fuel with synthetic oil in it stops the one-way from slipping also. I was using Meccano fuel, which ran the engine great, but made the one-way slip. I have changed over to AT Racing brand fuel, and re-tuned as required. The one way bearing stopped slipping after one tank! Engine still runs great.

Cheers,
      Jamie.
      Current BlinkĀ²:
      Trex-600N: TTRL53H/H#523/CarbSmart/CYATGv3-Gview/JR770T
      Beam-E4: SC-8/13T/SC-55A/LT2100T

History BlinkĀ²:
      Belt-CP
      Walkera-#60

"Every takeoff is optional. Every landing is mandatory."
      Nate Waddoups

Comment

thanks!

do folks generally remove the plug after each run to put in after run oil still?

heard that 'fuel' these days are made so you dont need to do that?

Comment

Originally posted by elty19 View Post
          do folks generally remove the plug after each run to put in after run oil still?

heard that 'fuel' these days are made so you dont need to do that?
          yes, so it prolongs ur engine... some race will take out the whole engine and service after 1-2 bash so is really depends on you. i normally drop 3-5 drops of after run oil then put on the starter box and spin it.
          DJI II | Futaba D8FG
          HPI BAJA | ESP Fully Championship Ported 30.5cc | OBR 7HP | 4PKS

Comment

Working...
          X