Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help on buggy engine....

Hello guys! I've decided to make alive again my old Mugen MBX-4RR buggy and this time round, I stripped apart the whole car and reoiled everything + the differentials and surprisingly, the buggy's in a pretty good condition! Electronics are all working and gunk and dirt has been cleaned...Right now, I'am left with the engine to work on...Its a Novarossi BX21 engine and the last time i ran it, which was 3 years ago, i remembered adding in alot of after run oil to protect it...The buggy is all done but the engine's there staring at me....Was thinking if its a good idea to strip it down and clean it with petroleum or kerosene and then check for any rusted parts?? Or should I just get a brand new engine?

Also, I think i need some help in tuning the engine. I totally forgot how to do it....

strip the engine,
    flush with wd40 then reoil then start your engine!!!
    i'm a rc sotong. And i know nuts about it.

Comment

Hmmm, I just bought a brand new bottle of WD40 and a container of Kerosene....Btw, i think i need serious help on how to tune the engine....o.O Forgot how to do it...

Comment

Count me in if there is any practical lessons going on ! I have an engine that needs tuning too....
        ------------------------------------

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Woohoo! after hours of greasy hands and 2 bottles of 707 grease remover and 1 bottle of trinity buggy grease and dirt remover and 3 litres of diesel, I finally cleaned the engine and mounted everything. Added my 4 year old bottle of blue thunder fuel and viola! The car came to life....Kinda scary at first when the WD40 and diesel burnt away in the engine....Idling sound was up and down....And hell yeah, it was scary...Never touched nitro for so long and I didn't realise that sound from a .21 buggy was that loud....

Comment

let mi know if u need to tune ur engine, should able to re-tune for u guys..cheers
            DJI II | Futaba D8FG
            HPI BAJA | ESP Fully Championship Ported 30.5cc | OBR 7HP | 4PKS

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyloh
              let mi know if u need to tune ur engine, should able to re-tune for u guys..cheers
              Well, I kinda tuned my trial and error. And btw, I remembered 3 years back, the engine always stalled at half tank...Maybe we could meet up and have a go on the buggy to see the tuning of the engine? I'am bad at it....But I'am still dead happy that it managed to start....

Comment

Originally posted by razer
                Well, I kinda tuned my trial and error. And btw, I remembered 3 years back, the engine always stalled at half tank...Maybe we could meet up and have a go on the buggy to see the tuning of the engine? I'am bad at it....But I'am still dead happy that it managed to start....
                sure can meet up and tune ur engine....btw where do u stay? also you got a PM..
                DJI II | Futaba D8FG

Comment

I stay at the east. Tanjong Rhu there. Very near east coast park. And there's this heavy vehicle car park at the end of east coast park which is really near. Its great for straight runs and tuning of engines...

Comment

Originally posted by pakkua80
                    Count me in if there is any practical lessons going on ! I have an engine that needs tuning too....
                    hi

once razer wanted to tune his engine will jio u out too...
                    DJI II | Futaba D8FG

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyloh
                      hi

once razer wanted to tune his engine will jio u out too...

Lets organise one day? Btw, I think I might need to get a new TX as well. Having abit of a range problem with my MX-3....o.O But its because I lost the antenna. Do you think adding back on the antenna would solve this problem?

Comment

look like you need new pairs of Tires
                        .................................................. ......................

1/10 On Road

Kyosho VoneRRR-EvoWC

1/8 Off-Road

Kyosho MP9

Member of EDMW plus NPNT

เวลาช่วยรักษาแผลใจ
                        กับผมแล้วผมเห็นว่าเราชะนะแน่

Comment

Originally posted by maskedrider
                          look like you need new pairs of Tires

No, I prefer to run my buggy on asphalt. Too lazy to clean the sand already...lol...

Comment

Originally posted by razer
                            Woohoo! after hours of greasy hands and 2 bottles of 707 grease remover and 1 bottle of trinity buggy grease and dirt remover and 3 litres of diesel, I finally cleaned the engine and mounted everything. Added my 4 year old bottle of blue thunder fuel and viola! The car came to life....Kinda scary at first when the WD40 and diesel burnt away in the engine....Idling sound was up and down....And hell yeah, it was scary...Never touched nitro for so long and I didn't realise that sound from a .21 buggy was that loud....
                            whoah! '4 year old bottle of blue thunder fuel' ? heheh...here i was worried my 6 mth old blue thunder fuel would create problems...heheheh...respect to you bro!!

Comment

Originally posted by sonike
                              whoah! '4 year old bottle of blue thunder fuel' ? heheh...here i was worried my 6 mth old blue thunder fuel would create problems...heheheh...respect to you bro!!
                              Sometimes, you have to beleive in things to work... When i took out the buggy, it looked to me in everyway a dead one...Took a deep breath, and plugged in the rx battery and it came to life!!! The engine was another scary thing...Took it apart and luckily, other than a little colouring on the piston head, it was relatively new.

Comment

Working...
                              X