Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mamba 25 with Spektrum micro RX anyone?

Anyone running Mamba 25 with Spektrum micro RX? I'm having problems with the ESC. Need advice badly

Originally posted by Lplate
    Anyone running Mamba 25 with Spektrum micro RX? I'm having problems with the ESC. Need advice badly
    please advise. .. .. ...
    what you mean by problems with the esc ?
    f

Comment

hi again,
      ok. I managed to bind my DX3 to the new micro receiver. And I thought I managed to calibrate the brushless ESC, as in set the full throttle, brake and neutral.

But when I turned off the ESC switch after testing the set up, the motor started running and began accelerating. I could only stop it by unplugging my Lipos from the ESC. Plus when I tried to go into the program mode of the ESC to set the max power, brake mode and other options, i couldnt get in.

Anyone know why?

Comment

Actually I've already written in to Castle Creations and they've replied with some advice. Am gonna try their instructions out first. Will update here later.

Comment

Heheh... luckily it's working fine now.
          Joe Ford from Castle Creations told me that I shouldn't turn the ESC switch off. The switch is only to be switched off when I want to calibrate and program the ESC.

Now that everything is working...
          Anyone know if the Castle Link program can program the ESC to cut off when battery voltage drops below 3.7v? Right now, I can only choose from 9 and 12 volts for lipos. Wondering if Castle Link program can offer more settings? Thinking of buying it online.

Comment

Originally posted by Lplate
            Heheh... luckily it's working fine now.
            Joe Ford from Castle Creations told me that I shouldn't turn the ESC switch off. The switch is only to be switched off when I want to calibrate and program the ESC.

Now that everything is working...
            Anyone know if the Castle Link program can program the ESC to cut off when battery voltage drops below 3.7v? Right now, I can only choose from 9 and 12 volts for lipos. Wondering if Castle Link program can offer more settings? Thinking of buying it online.
            With the Castle Link program , u can upgrade the your firmware to 1.05. it offer more setting for cut-off voltage.
            u can buy it from singapore hobby supply at 30+.
            Sanwa M8 Version 3

Kyosho Inferno777 SP2 WC/STS21D

Comment

Thanks for the info neo!
              Yay! Will visit them soon!

Comment

Hi all,

new here, and abit off track aprologise.

I would like to buy a Teamlosi Mini-T/Baja where can I get it from?

Thanks

vennz

Comment

mini bl system

sori hijact abit.

this system will better than CC mamba 25 or not??

i consider Tekin or mamba for my ZK2
                  Flying RC is like dating a girl...;)

Comment

Originally posted by alex_bong
                    sori hijact abit.

this system will better than CC mamba 25 or not??

i consider Tekin or mamba for my ZK2
                    I'd go for Mamba becos

1) Cheaper (USD$100 at BPP with FREE shipping compared to USD$135 for Tekin at Towers excluding freight)

2) Has been around longer, so any problems will have been ironed out.

3) Setting up using USB link. Although Tekin pooh-poohed the link as a hassle, I like it as I'm not likely to make any mistake setting up my ESC. I'm find setting up the ESC using the beep beep way quite irritating and can easily make mistake. You can set up Mamba this way too so you have a choice. Plus you can update your firmware.

4) Mamba ESC looks lighter.

Pros for Tekin

1) Looks neater.

2) You have the freedom to solder the connection the way you want. The way Mamba ESC is soldered (like plane ESC) can make it difficult for ESC placement in tight spaces and all micro rc are tight in space.

3) Motor looks more chio but the sticker might actually limit the cooling of the can.
                    For some people it's important to show what they have, for others it's sufficient to know that they have it.

Comment

I had the mamba 25 in all my micro cars..

from my micrors4 to my minit to my inferno...

They rock. .. . .
                      f

Comment

Originally posted by dirtdynamics
                        I had the mamba 25 in all my micro cars..

from my micrors4 to my minit to my inferno...

They rock. .. . .
                        I think there wasn't much choice then.....hahahahaha. But i agree with you they are good for micros.

Here's wat tekin said:

Programming the Mini Rage could not be easier! Adjust anything you want in less than a minute without the hassle of USB links with our exclusive QuickTune Technology!

Then I read this:

Drag Brake: 13 Profiles
                        Reverse/Brake strength: 13 Profiles (20-100%). Sets brake strength and reverse speed.
                        Timing advance: 13 different settings (normal to max) Sets the timing of your motor.
                        Throttle / Brake: 7 Profiles
                        Brake/ Reverse Type: 3 Profiles Reverse Lockout, Proportional Brake to immediate Reverse, "Double Tap Reverse"
                        Cutoff Off voltage; must use with Li-Po Batteries: 5 Profiles

I was thinking if I need to go through all the beep-beep-press-beeeep for all the steps with the very possible some oops inbetween, I sian already. Gimme a USB cable anytime man.
                        For some people it's important to show what they have, for others it's sufficient to know that they have it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mad Armour
                          I think there wasn't much choice then.....hahahahaha. But i agree with you they are good for micros.

Here's wat tekin said:

Programming the Mini Rage could not be easier! Adjust anything you want in less than a minute without the hassle of USB links with our exclusive QuickTune Technology!

Then I read this:

Drag Brake: 13 Profiles
                          Reverse/Brake strength: 13 Profiles (20-100%). Sets brake strength and reverse speed.
                          Timing advance: 13 different settings (normal to max) Sets the timing of your motor.
                          Throttle / Brake: 7 Profiles
                          Brake/ Reverse Type: 3 Profiles Reverse Lockout, Proportional Brake to immediate Reverse, "Double Tap Reverse"
                          Cutoff Off voltage; must use with Li-Po Batteries: 5 Profiles

I was thinking if I need to go through all the beep-beep-press-beeeep for all the steps with the very possible some oops inbetween, I sian already. Gimme a USB cable anytime man.
                          its be like
                          beep beep - pause pause
                          beep beep beep - pause pause pause
                          alamak , wrong setting !!!
                          what the beep beep beep beep beep
                          f

Comment

Originally posted by dirtdynamics
                            its be like
                            beep beep - pause pause
                            beep beep beep - pause pause pause
                            alamak , wrong setting !!!
                            what the beep beep beep beep beep
                            Yup, my ideal beep beep type should be beep-full throttle-beep-full brake-beep-neutral- beep beep....finish.... kind of ESC.

Comment

haha...

MA right, Beepbeep type shld like this ez...

the Tekin look more 'like' car esc i saw Tekin 8000 KV combo selling S$2++ , mamba 25 combo sell at LHS cost S$200 (cheaper than Tekin), so why bl system more ex than kit
                              Flying RC is like dating a girl...;)

Comment

Working...
                              X