Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Babylon5 View Post
    Here is my latest coroplast mugi . It has undergone tremendous transformation.

Hope to maiden today if the weather remains good.

Its wingspan is 80cm and runs on 4s lipo with a 4.5x4.1 propeller.

Its main feature is the single fin and a generous keel to prevent the propeller from striking the hand or the ground during landing.
    Here are some more videos of the Mugi in action.
    This Mugi was installed with a better lithium batteries using nano technology the 2200mah 35C 4S

Mugi with many differences. Part2 is the flying speed test and part3 general and some aerobatic flying.

After trimming and better positioning of the c.g. DIY launch went without any incident. Enjoy the video.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by rkte View Post
      And here are the video taken early last year...
      TAKE OFF
      LANDING

Flying characteristics is similar to e-starter.
      Really miss the woodlands field
      Nice! your UAV looks pretty fast. Do you have the Plans for it? and may i know what is your UAV setup?
      sigpic

Comment

Single fin mugi

Maiden successfully the mugi but it was quite handful to fly the plane.

watch the video at

EVO Mugi with a difference!1) Spine and exo skeleton replaced with fuselage coroplastic ply.2) Keel or prop guard added(prevent prop strike)3) Ease of motor ...

Tips: Use full screen to watch

Cheers
        After converting the same aircraft to a single Fin, I notice the hand launch was easier, and the gliding characteristics better.

As for the speed watch the youtube link and judge for yourself. The camera manage to capture two high speed pass before the flight was aborted due to a faulty servo.

Single fin speed maiden and speed test.

24 inches wingspan Mugi morph from twin fin to single fin.In addition, this Mugi has a functional fuselage that provide some lifts and house the airborne equ...

When I replaced the faulty servo, hopefully I can get more video and re-test the aircraft and to be more conclusive that a single fin did have some advantage over the twin fin performance.

Cheers

Comment

After converting the same aircraft to a single Fin, I notice the hand launch was easier, and the gliding characteristics better.

As for the speed watch the youtube link and judge for yourself. The camera manage to capture two high speed pass before the flight was aborted due to a faulty servo.

Single fin speed maiden and speed test.

24 inches wingspan Mugi morph from twin fin to single fin.In addition, this Mugi has a functional fuselage that provide some lifts and house the airborne equ...

When I replaced the faulty servo, hopefully I can get more video and re-test the aircraft and to be more conclusive that a single fin did have some advantage over the twin fin performance.

Cheers
          After replacing the faulty servo I took the delta for more flight test but
          ...I crashed the single fin yesterday.
          Here is the video link or the crashed and some high speed test.

24 inches wingspan Mugi converted to a proper fuselage and a single vertical fin speed test. Replaces a faulty servo. This Test mugi is build for speed.At t...

Will do a postmortem of the crash and hopefully come up with a better build.
          More next time.

Observation and personal opinions:-
          The Single fin is more stable during a hand launch.
          Have not encounter flat spin tendencies since the modification to a single fin while the twin fin setup is prone to flat spin and unstable flight during a hand launch or a hard bank with little or no power.
          This delta shape(mugi shape) is fast ( I think it is faster than my own design 24 inches micro-interceptor).

Cheers

Comment

Improve 24 inches corrugated plastic delta

Having experimented on the single fin delta plane from my previous I proceed to re-built this nice delta place. The CP material is folded with a lesser thickness airfoil. Although it has less lift it also has lower drag. The result is some really nice performance.

Here are the some pictures and the test flight videos.

The test flight video

Only 24 inches wingspan micro-delta radio control aircraft.Plane is built with 2mm thick corrugated /corruflute plactic materials.

Tips :Use full screen for better viewing.
            Thank you for viewing.

Comment

My latest SPAD built with 1.5mm thick corrugated plastic delta wing aircraft with flying weight below 250grams ......Low drag high speed design characteristics , see link.....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlaxnV7p1TU

Comment

Working...
              X