• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uav

Here is my UAV corroplast build

Comment

Video

And here are the video taken early last year...
      TAKE OFF
      LANDING

Flying characteristics is similar to e-starter.
      Really miss the woodlands field

Comment

Rtke, wow nice take off. Well done.

Comment

oops sorry should be RKte always keep dreaming of RTK (romance of the three kingdom). Anyway very innovative built.

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon5 View Post
            I found this very interesting old thread.
            Corrugated plastic has great potential. This is my latest scratch built using 2mm thick CP material. It is only a few days old.

see video
            Scratch built SPAD pusher jet built from 2mm thick corrugated plastic.Video shows the agilities of this radio control model plane. No tendencies of tip stal...

This particular design SPAD has great potential.

enjoy & cheers
            Hi Babylon5,

I read through the step by step, but can't find any dimension / size of the wing and fuselage. May I know what is the size /dimension? thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by aliank View Post
              Hi Babylon5,

I read through the step by step, but can't find any dimension / size of the wing and fuselage. May I know what is the size /dimension? thank you.
              sorry, at the moment the fuselage dimension is just simple rough sketches .
              I could give you wing dimension but not the fuselage as its difficult to re-produce on PC due to irregulars lines. The vertical fin is approximately 30 to 40 of the L& R wing area.
              Attached is the 29.1 inches wingspan wing dimension.
              You may need to do some experiment to get it right. Try the flat or profile type fuselage.It is easier to built.

cheers

Comment

I could give you wing dimension but not the fuselage as its difficult to re-produce on PC due to irregulars lines. The vertical fin is approximately 30 to 40 of the L& R wing area.
                You may need to do some experiment to get it right. Try the flat or profile type fuselage.It is easier to built.

cheers
                L=(8.5+1.2) inches
                so the balance 35% of L=3.395Inches =3.4inches (rounded off) from the vertex join of the delta wind.

This plane is very stable in flight. No nasty habit.Can fly inverted, slow or fast. Does not stall easily unless you try to land without power and flair the elevon too early.

Note this plane is very similar to the WWII warbird ME163 Komet "tailess delta warbird"

Comment

finished up another original Mugi today.

Its 72 cm instead of 80 cm. So everything is downsized.

You can simply upsize everything to 0.9 m or 1 m should you wish to build with 3mm corflute / corplast.

It should be tonnes of fun!

I've attached my sketchup file for ease of sizing.

"Always fly with a responsible attitude. You may think that flying low over other people’s heads is proof of your piloting skill; others know better. The real expert does not need to prove himself in such childish ways..." - the Multiplex Build Manual

Comment

Originally posted by Sunstorm View Post
                    finished up another original Mugi today.

Its 72 cm instead of 80 cm. So everything is downsized.

You can simply upsize everything to 0.9 m or 1 m should you wish to build with 3mm corflute / corplast.

It should be tonnes of fun!

I've attached my sketchup file for ease of sizing.
                    Nice, here is my un-original mugi. Its a single fin. It has less drag than the twin fin setup.
                    It flies very fast so much so that at high speed the control become sluggish. I found out that at high speed, the force generated to the surface control is bending and warping the control rod. 2mm hollowed carbon rod added to stiffen the control rod(i hope will fixed the problem) . Spacer was added to both the left wing so that the airfoil came out symmetrical after folding.
                    You won't find this feature on the original mugi

Cheers

Comment

cheers
                      Thank you for the dimension. Can't wait to built up soon.

Comment

I is waiting for the first guy in SG to build this 8 ft coroplast piper cub.
                        "Always fly with a responsible attitude. You may think that flying low over other people’s heads is proof of your piloting skill; others know better. The real expert does not need to prove himself in such childish ways..." - the Multiplex Build Manual

Comment

Originally posted by Sunstorm View Post
                          http://www.instructables.com/id/8-Ft...flown-by-25cc/

I is waiting for the first guy in SG to build this 8 ft coroplast piper cub.
                          I think it is possible to built a scale up version of the mugi to 8 ft wingspan but you will need a truck or a lorry to transport the aircraft.

Another thing to comment on the piper is there is no dihedral on the wing so am not sure if the stabiily will be affected. Unlike the delta, the sweptback and delta wing together with the reflex elevator setup provide some degree of stability in flight.

Cheers

Comment

New Mugi with differences

Here is my latest coroplast mugi . It has undergone tremendous transformation.

Hope to maiden today if the weather remains good.

Its wingspan is 80cm and runs on 4s lipo with a 4.5x4.1 propeller.

Its main feature is the single fin and a generous keel to prevent the propeller from striking the hand or the ground during landing.

Comment

Here is my latest coroplast mugi . It has undergone tremendous transformation.

Hope to maiden today if the weather remains good.

Its wingspan is 80cm and runs on 4s lipo with a 4.5x4.1 propeller.

Its main feature is the single fin and a generous keel to prevent the propeller from striking the hand or the ground during landing.
                              Manage to maiden the mugi this evening. and here is the video.
                              Tips view and set your PC to full screen.

Mugi with many differences. One of its kind. Built with a functional lifting fuselage. Single vertical fin to reduce drag and improve high speed performance....

This Mugi is fast because of the lower drag , since single fin vertical stab is deployed.

Comment

Manage to maiden the mugi this evening. and here is the video.
                                Tips view and set your PC to full screen.

Mugi with many differences. One of its kind. Built with a functional lifting fuselage. Single vertical fin to reduce drag and improve high speed performance....

This Mugi is fast because of the lower drag , since single fin vertical stab is deployed.
                                More pictures and videos and the build thread of this Mugi can be found in

post #24 onwards

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                                X