Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,

Just registered with the club recently, just wondering if there is any news as to whether my registration details has been received?

Thanks ;)

Comment

Hi,

Kindly send an email together with a softcopy of the receipt to bbafcmail@gmail.com

thanks

Comment

Aerobatics footage 22/05/11

Some of the video footage taken on 22/05 at the club

Apologies for the quality and the inconsistent plane tracking as it was taken with my hp.

Comment

Originally posted by teegangui
          generic proscar

Proscar (Finasteride) is an androgen hormone inhibitor used in men to treat Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH) which is swelling of the prostate. This medicine works by lowering the amount of a hormone in your body called dihydrotestosterone or DHT. Reducing this hormone level in your body may help to reduce the swelling of the prostate and reduce the symptoms of BPH.
          LOL

U made my day today!!!

Comment

landing glow planes with 1.5m plus wingspan at bbfc

hi can any bros tell me will it be easy to land 1.5m plus wingspan glow plane at bbfc? i have tried in 2010 as guest flyer in landing a 50 size kyosho spacewalker at bbfc with quite some difficulties. As the lining up prior landing, theres the trees and pan-united cement mixers on the both the left and right sides, thus you cannot make too wide a circle or have too far a distance from the runway when lining up with the runway. This resulted in the plane touching down at halfway or more length of the runway with fast landing speed. Thus to avoid exceeding the paved runway, you have to taxi swerve left and right violently and make a violent u-turn. A few times i made it, but a few times my plane exceeded the runway and nosed-over eating grass.

But that was 2yrs ago, my flying skills have improved thus i wud like to try bbfc again as its very near my place compared to tuas, so any bros can offer advice on flying the mentioned planes at bbfc?

Comment

Hi,

I fly a Sebart Miss Wind 50e at BBAFC and have no problem with landing. That plane is 158cm long and wing span is 152cm.

I am quite a noob with planes early last year and the senior plane fliers at the club taught me a few tricks to land properly.

Trick 1 : Assume wind is from right to left. Make a landing fly past from right to left at a height of 2-3 storeys high and at a distance of 20m away from the runway. This is about the same height as the cement mixing tower. Shout "landing" to inform other pilots that you are landing and they will give way to you. After the plane flies past the area between the runway and first cement mixing tower, do a right turn and fly away from the runway. Make a round about turn after the second cement mixing tower and line up your plane for approach to runway. You must know your plane gliding characteristic. For the Miss Wind, I can glide it downwards to the runway from that distance. Aim to touch down beautifully about 5-7 metres from the edge of the runway. The plane will slow down to a stop at about 20-30m. The whole sequence looks like a P shape from the top. This trick is more suitable for smaller planes.

Trick 2 : Assume wind is from right to left. Make a landing fly past from right to left at a much higher altitude of 4-5 storeys high and at a distance of 30m. This will be higher than the cement mixing tower. Fly the plane over the first and second cement mixing tower. Make a round about turn somewhere above the workers quarters and line up your plabe for approach to runway. You must know your plane gliding characteristic. Since the plane is further away and higher compared to trick 1, you will have sufficient distance to glide your plane downwards to the runway. Aim to touch down beautifully about 5-7 metres from the edge of the runway. The plane will slow down to a stop at about 20-30m. The challenge is to be able to see the plane when it is above the workers quarters. This trick is more suitable for bigger planes.

That's for landing.

For taking off, I notice most plane tend to veer to the left when you throttle up. Some pilots just punch the throttle and do a short take off. I usually ramp up the speed slowly and control the rudder to keep the take off straight. The downside is that if you veer off the runway and if your wheels are not big enough, the landing gear may fall off. Another downside is that the wing tip covering can be ripped off if it touches the rough surface of the runway during take off or landing.

When I was flying helicopter full time, some plane pilots jokingly tell me that it was like taking off and landing on an aircraft carrier. I fully appreciate what they mean when I begin to fly planes. But I think flying off runway makes me a better pilot because I must have full control of the plane. The sense of satisfaction from doing a beautiful 3 point touch down on the runway is incredible.

Do let me know when you are going to BBAFC. Either myself or one of the senior plane pilot can help to guide you.

Comment

Website down

Hi Guys

It appears that the website is down: http://www.bbafc.org/

Is there any other site I can go to to find out more about the club, such as location and membership costs?

Thanks!

Comment

Try this this link BBAFC
                  Share the joy of flying . . .

Comment

Originally posted by VinCopter View Post
                    Try this this link BBAFC
                    Thanks VinCopter!

btw... I've been looking for a good RC hobby outlet store. I've come across many online, but most seem to have closed. So far JetHobby has impressed me the most in terms of their prices and their good customer service on the telephone. Do you have any personal recommendations? Preferably somewhere closer to the Teck Whye / Choa Chu Kang area... but would be willing to travel for good prices / service.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterWandu View Post
                      Thanks VinCopter!

btw... I've been looking for a good RC hobby outlet store. I've come across many online, but most seem to have closed. So far JetHobby has impressed me the most in terms of their prices and their good customer service on the telephone. Do you have any personal recommendations? Preferably somewhere closer to the Teck Whye / Choa Chu Kang area... but would be willing to travel for good prices / service.
                      Too bad there are no RC Hobby shops (AIR) around the west area as I know. Do let me know if you found any.

Fook Hai Building at 150 South Bridge Road has the most concentration of RC hobby shops. My fav place to visit. There are 8 shops at three levels. The other shops I frequent are Rotor hobby in Kitchener Complex at Blk 808 French Road #02-173 and Sky Hobbies in Textile Centre at 200, Jalan Sultan, #02-36A.

I usually fly at BBAFC on Sunday afternoon, drop by for a chat if you are free.

Comment

Hi VinCopter.

Went to Fook Hai this afternoon. What an awesome place! A real RC enthusiasts dream venue! Chatted to a couple of shop owners who recommended various starter kits for me to get my RC experience off to a good start. It looks like I could get "off the ground" with around $350 to start. Although I would probably look to invest a bit more in the radio system, as I hear its something that should last me for many years!

The one owner said that there is a big flying day happening at Raffles Marina. I have quite a bit to do tomorrow, but will try to make a turn there in the late afternoon. In the meantime I purchased one of these basic flight simulator kits ($85 with controller), just to get a real basic feel for what flying an RC is all about.

Take care!

Comment

enjoy your flight..

Comment

Just checking with BBAFC members who regularly fly on Sat/Sun late afternoons, evenings...

What time does the gate close and who actually closes the gate? There is an inner gate leading to the field, and the outer gate opposite millenia inst.

The outer gate seems to be operated by the construction co people, if I'm not mistaken, so do they have regular schedule to close and lock it?

Driving to the field and don't want to get my vehicle locked up inside till the next morning
                            ------------------------------
                            Airworthy: FMS Mini Trojan, Cloudsfly, BF-109 Funfighter, HK Mini Stick, Flasher 450 Pro, Mini Titan v2, E-Flite Blade MCPx.
                            NIB: Multiplex FunCub, HK T-45.

Comment

Originally posted by foxkilo View Post
                              Just checking with BBAFC members who regularly fly on Sat/Sun late afternoons, evenings...

What time does the gate close and who actually closes the gate? There is an inner gate leading to the field, and the outer gate opposite millenia inst.

The outer gate seems to be operated by the construction co people, if I'm not mistaken, so do they have regular schedule to close and lock it?

Driving to the field and don't want to get my vehicle locked up inside till the next morning
                              Don't worry. Members will be informed about the gates.

Usually there will be members flying on Sunday afternoon. You are welcome to visit.

Comment

I'm new to RC Planes and had visited the site several time .

Wondering if I become a member, can I use flying site on weekdays morning ?

I'm kinda afraid of flying on the weekend as my inexperience may cause problems with the other flyers... like crashing into them etc ...

Comment

Working...
                                X