• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lasercut video
    For those who have not seen one before

Comment

laser cut

Hi yorbenator,

as long the file is saved in dxf or dwg, I think it can be imported by any cad programs.

cheers
      Ryo

Originally posted by yorbenator
      i use with turbocad

Comment

what is your cutting speed for 1/8 to 3/16 inch thinck balsa sheet?? oh and would we need to include the small tabs that hold the wood in place?

Comment

laser cutting

Originally posted by yorbenator
          what is your cutting speed for 1/8 to 3/16 inch thinck balsa sheet?? oh and would we need to include the small tabs that hold the wood in place?
          urm... I'm not very sure about the speed, need to check...

ya ya must include a tab, otherwise it will be in a big mess later when it comes to assembling. useful to put labeling too.

cheers
          Ryo

Comment

Hi Ryo, from the video you posted, it looks to me that the laser cutting is very fast and your minimum of $20, think that should cover a whole plan for a plane for $20? Wonder if Jeff have send you his plan for cutting and wht's the charge like (if is ok to let us know) to really have a feel of the pricing. Thanks
            If the building stops, the buying starts!

Comment

Laser cutting service in singapore

If anyone needs laser cutting services for small volumes , small projects, can check out www.TheMakerStore.com , they provide laser engraving services as well.

Comment

Originally posted by jamestan View Post
                If anyone needs laser cutting services for small volumes , small projects, can check out www.TheMakerStore.com , they provide laser engraving services as well.
                Hi James,

This is interesting. Have you tried their service?

Regards,
                Wong

Comment

Thks for the tip.

According to the CU from their web-site they are near Area 51, and their operating hours! Its a bit inconvenient though.

Managed to google this one http://www.plixo.com.sg/contact.html

Anybody got info on more, please do post.

I myself am looking for one as well. to cut foam ~6mm x 51 cm x 102 cm (pdf plan size)

Best Regards

Comment

Working...
                  X