Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Enlarging 7mmSq thru hole to 8mmSq hole.

Collapse

Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enlarging 7mmSq thru hole to 8mmSq hole.

I have a question. What is the best way to enlarge a 6mm deep 7mm square hole to 8mm square hole.

The material is passivated mild steel.
    Keep Moving, Look Forward, No Regrets!!

Objective is to use a 8mm spindle shaft in an existing 7mm gearbox.

I want to use the Sherline Vertical Milling. What cutting tool would be best suited?

I got 200 pcs to do. :toetap05: <br> <br>
    Attached Files

Comment

considering shaving off 0.5mm wall per side, there is a good chance to use a custom 8mm x 8mm HSS square form tool to "punch" it thru. The custom tool can be clamped onto a conventional Mill / Drill and like DIE CUT, form through the 7mm square.

Comment

Originally posted by HZM View Post
        considering shaving off 0.5mm wall per side, there is a good chance to use a custom 8mm x 8mm HSS square form tool to "punch" it thru. The custom tool can be clamped onto a conventional Mill / Drill and like DIE CUT, form through the 7mm square.

This is good news!!. If you have one in stock ,message me the price of this form tool. Thanks a lot!

Comment

I really love the fly cutter. Its becoming my favorite tool. <br> <br>
          Attached Files

Comment

If you cannot make the hole bigger, make the SS shaft smaller!. LOL.

680 sides to mill down 0.5mm deep/side , 44.2Meters total distance OMG. <br> <br>
            Attached Files

Comment

There is always a solution to any engineering problem. Ha. all done and good to go. <br> <br>
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X