Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Small Project Machining Service?

Hi all,

I am new here and have been scouting this forum for some information. I had something in my head that I thought I should create a prototype at least, to test its strength before refining it more.

I just couldn't find any particular thread that points to any workshop which accepts small projects for prototype purpose. Obviously, those 'no project is too small' claims in some of the corporate websites are total bollocks.

I will be grateful if there's anybody with any leads that can throw me in that direction. Probably a workshop that I can start talking to, helping to do the drawings (I can't do Autocad for nuts) and eventual metalwork for the prototype.

*crossing fingers*

make a sketch and put it up here. I will help you take a look.

Unless you know the particular workshop, otherwise, no one will take up "small project" in most cases is due to costing.

You may felt say S$100 should get the job done but it could easily be a 2hrs job not including setup.

2hrs of production probably can yield a CNC machining center $2000 worth of job.

Mike

Comment

Thanks HZM for the straightforward answer.

I will try to make a sketch as best and I can and get back here again.

Apologies for this very late acknowledge due to work commitments and recent bouts of flu.

Comment

wow -

wow dudes, great :

Comment

I think it's about time fellow members did the rc fraternity a huge favour to set up a machining service to help both the veteran and budding enthusiasts with custom builds and the odd small project builds.

This is huge overseas.with parts and support very readily available.Even in neighbouring M'sia this has grown quite rapidly.

Unfortunately in the little red dot.SG.even sourcing for adhoc parts can be quite daunting.Let alone finding someone to machine them.

Maybe Mike and the other kakis with access to cnc mills could combine resources to assist with the needs of rc members.

Comment

I'm not sure if I'm ready this time. Been feeling good in using the Proxxon PD400 lathe I got from Mike late December 2011. The problems I encountered on the sherline seems non existence with the PD400.

If anyone wants help in turning a couple of pieces, drop me a pm with the drawings. I'll see if I'm up to it.

Kindly note that machining is just a hobby for me and I am usually on full schedule (ask Mike...). Beside work, I'm a father of 2 school going kids.

Regards,
            Wong

Comment

Small Project Services Provider

Take a look at www.TheMakerStore.com
              They do provide prototyping services for small projects, engineering, Laser cutting & engraving etc.

Comment

Working...
              X