Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Cnc Router

Hi, Just To Share With You Guy Two Of The Cnc Build By Me. <br> <br>

Hi, nice CNC router you have. Your aluminium plate looks thick. I reckon it about 3/4 or a inch thick. How do you machine the aluminium pieces in the first place? Out source?

Comment

Hi there,
      I'm new around here. Found this place as I was searching for information to build my own cnc mill. To tell you the truth i haven't the slightest idea where t o start looking. I'd really appreciate if expert like you all can give me some advice.

Comment

Greeting Chew_z69, welcome aboard. To build your own CNC, you need a plan. And you have some choices.

a) Buy an existing CNC ready table top mill or lathe. That should enable you to quickly get thing up an running quickly.

b) Buy an existing Machine and use third party CNC gadget to convert it into a CNC machine.

c) Make you own machine and use third party CNC gadget to convert it into a CNC machine ( like what allenngks is doing )

Any above option will set you back at a cost from maybe $1000 to $4000 or more. Time is also a factor. Some may take years to complete their CNC system.

If you are new to CNC, I would suggest you to read more into this as you would require a lot more insight on the engineering portion of the hobby. A good level of machining skill would help you along.

Comment

Hi uniphyte, thanks for your reply. Looking at option "a", I saw a ready table at SL tower 3rd flr which is under Parker positioning system. Its has X Y motor using parker compumotor OEM 57-51. Do you think I can use that?

Anyway I'm curious, must we use the motor drive under parker to drive its motor? Or can drives & motor be mix and match in brand so long as the specification is correct?

Comment

pic of item made by router

some of item made <br> <br>

Comment

Hi allenngks, Did you cut those with your new machine?

Comment

As I was saying...I'm looking forward to build a desktop size cnc machine for myself. Can you give me some expert advice as I am really very new to this. Thanks

Comment

Hi chew_69, think I saw before the machine at SL tower before. It has quite a small foot print so the things you can cut is limited by the travel in XYZ direction. But it a good place to start. It seem quite rigid.

Any Stepper driver should be able to work with any stepper motor if the rating are match up. ( Eg voltage & current rating ) At times they may be 6 or 8 wire type of motor. I suggest you lookup on the spec and wiring diagram of the motor and matching driver before you purchase it, or at least get help from the seller if they know.

If you are building one yourself, take a look of some ready made one and use the design to replicate one. Since it a working model. Your machine must be rigid in all axis in order to make a good cut.

Anything else you might want to know? Pop your question here, someone should be able to answer it.

Hi allenngks, impressive product you have there. What was it cut on? Which ArtCam are you using? Using engraving bit?

Comment

Hi chew_69,what sort of thing u intend to do with yor cnc,let me know and i will drop u witn some advice.eg what is the biggest part u intent to cut,what material,

Comment

Hi uniphyte,the hebe photo is cut using photo vcarve from vetric and i using a 1mm ball nose and for the stainless steel round piece is 0.4mm ball nose and coolant is a must for sus

Comment

I build model, so I would be mainly cutting plastic sheet or thin metal sheets to build frame. A 2 axis machine should do the job for now.
                        But if the cost is not too high, I'd go for 3 axis or more as I can also cut 3d object from plastic of alluminum block.
                        If it too costly I'd build a machine with option to upgrade later once I have the budget.

Comment

I am looking for work area of 200mm ~ 300mm for X,Y axis.
                          For Z axis probably a return height of about the same would be ideal.
                          What do you think? Is it poossible?

Comment

Hi chew_69,roughly what is your buget

Comment

Hi allenngks, what's your spindle speed? For the coolant, is it runing all the way or manual mode? And how long does it takes to cut ? Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X