Turnigy 3D-H FBL gyro package has arrived at my doorstep. Along with the SE V2 carbon fiber frame, both items are installed on one of my SE V2 heli.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-09-11 17.40.58.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	1255197

Setup and Configuration
I have always heard good things about beastx, and this 3D-H has allowed me to "try" out a similar setup as the beastx. No computer is required, all based on a series of LEDs on the gyro itself. A bit different as my experience come from Copterx and Tarot. As I getting familiar with 3D-H, I began to love the simplicity of the setup.

First Flight
As I began to spool up and transition into hovering, my heart was beating fast as I afraid of the heli will topped. Lucky, it goes to smooth hovering. The hovering feel very locked in compared to Copterx and Tarot. It seems like too much cyclic expo when I tried figure of 8 and forward flight. The tail lock is better too. Pitch up high and tried an inverted, have to bang the stick as though there is too much cyclic expo. I checked the manual, and dial 2 on the gyro is the one to adjust for this "cyclic expo" feel. Now this is the bad part, I turned CW towards the + on dial 2, but it feel even more "disconnected". After checking the Rcgroups thread, CCW towards the - is the correct direction, therefore the markings (+ and -) on the gyro are wrong.

After getting the CCW direction correct, I slowly turned one mark by one mark to see if I can faster cyclic response. In the end, I have turned all the way towards the -, and it is too slow for half piro flip. Although the flight is very stable, it seems too stable to do 3D. Pack and go home with a dishearted feelling, I was thinking if I really got a good deal? Back home, I decided to re-read the manual, ah, it says this gyro need fast and high torque servos. Oh man, I am using analog servos. Time to get digital servos? Lol, Suddenly, it occurred to me that I read that earlier versions of beastx do not goes well with analog servos? This time, my google skill seems to fail as my search proved no such scenario. hmm...

Time to go with digital servos.