Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heli Simulators

Hi,

I have been using the following simulators, IMHO, neXt is still the best.

1. neXt

I find it relatively close to the real things.

If you are using the Vcontrol, all you need is a normal USB cable. You don't need Vsim & Vcontrol tx when using neXt simulator. For other Tx such as Futaba and JR, you need a USB device, you can get it from neXt or a FMS SIM cable (can get it here.).

The models have three predefined settings for each heli model for you to choose from; soft, medium and hard. Soft is for beginners, medium is form smooth 3D, and hard is for hard 3D. In addition, there is a setting from a famous pilot.

You can install and start practising within a minutes without any tuning and setting besides setting up your tx, very friendly simulator. Particularly suitable for impatient people and beginners.

Buy this software online and download it.

2. Phoenix

A very good simulator. Very easy to use and plenty of models. The only problem, it is a bit far from the real thing (unless you really spend time tuning the model which is not easy).
    While the graphics is very realistic and nice, but the fly characteristics are not, it is too stable. LOL.

It come with a dongle. If the dongle is faulty, you can't use the software anymore. I have two damaged dongles.

There are clone dongles out there. So, do be careful when you buy a used Phoenix Sim.
    Some heartless people can sell you the simulator with a clone dongle.

Many models are too stable. One newbie practised hovering on Phoenix. He thought he could hovering and try on the real heli and crash a few times within 30 seconds after lifting off. It turned out he chose a heli model on the sim which was too stable. He did not acquired the skill to hover on from the sim at all.

3. Real Flight

A very good software too. Models are realistic.
    It needs a dongle, or a tx that comes with it (dongle inside). I just hate the tx that comes with the Sim, lousy quality. I dislike dongle too.
    The Real Flight dongle seems to be more reliable than the Phoenix one. At least I never encounter a spoilt one.

Installation is easy, but setting up and tuning is not that easy. You can't simply install and use.
    Wonder why they don't make it easy for beginners and impatient people.

4. AccuRC

This sim is CPU hungry. You need to run it on a powerful desktop PC with good graphics card. Never work on a notebook PC.

5. HeliX

There are free and pay versions. Not a bad simulator. Some said it is very realistic, but I find it not. Also, you need to tune the models which I lack the patient.
Working...
X