X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why is my main motor and esc super hot?

Hello,

Story shall be skipped.
    First I thought it was normal, so I went ahead with 4 batteries flight but my ESC gave way, smoked me and crashed.
    Anyone can advise where went wrong?
    Currently facing the issue with my Main motor and ESC burning hot after 1 flight.
    Initially I thought the Motor was old or faulty in any sense which draw more power than ESC could handle. So I decided to change the motor.. but both still in insane hot condition after 1 flight.. den I changed the ESC but the result are the same.

I'm out of idea now. Kindly suggest which is the common issue as I couldn't find anything online (Other than asking me throw my master cp away. It's so fun and budget constrain!)

Helicopter : Master CP
    Main Motor : Stock (Changed last month)
    ESC : Stock (Changed this month)

Thank you in advance,
    Gary.

If the electronics are fine it could be the main gear is too tight against the pinion gear causing resistance to turning. This load may cause the burn out you described. There should be a small gap between the motor pinion gear and the main gear.

Comment

Gam Xia. will try tonight.

Comment

Poor ESC, worked to death.

Comment

Originally posted by nb8686 View Post
          Poor ESC, worked to death.
          lolol. i witnessed a "mini" version black hawk down. oh well..

Comment

Originally posted by nese View Post
            If the electronics are fine it could be the main gear is too tight against the pinion gear causing resistance to turning. This load may cause the burn out you described. There should be a small gap between the motor pinion gear and the main gear.
            Senpai, i tried using a piece of paper and placed inbetween the pinion and main gear(Suggested by another senpai) then push it in moderately but the gap is almost identical to my previous setup gap.

I also tried the other method suggested by the same senpai.
            My bearing seems to be fine as i could spin my blade smoothly without main gear to pinion.
            Tried throttle 70% without tail motor and main gear engaged for 2mins -> Motor warm , ESC cool
            Pinion is 14T.

Comment

Working...
            X