This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should i Join Back RC Heli ??

Hello fellow friends, Its been awhile since ive quit this hobby long ago to focus on studies, this is my last year in poly alr , kinda lost on what to do. suddenly thought of RC Heli agn. any suggestions !

Yes, do join back RC heli.
    Just get a heli and fly again.

Comment

Any idea what tx and Helis to get right now? are 450s still good for starting?

Comment

It all depends on your budget.

For a newbie (you said for a starting),
        if you have no budget constraint and likely to stay in the hobby for at least a few years,
        get a good new tx (i would suggest at least a 8 channels one) and a new Trex 470, 500 or similar.
        Build it yourself.

if you have budget constraint,
        get a used reasonable tx and a used 450 or 500 size heli.
        Brand is not so important I suppose if you do not want to spend too much.
        To get used items you need to have some technical knowledge.
        If not, get a friend who has the knowledge to go with you when you collect the used items.
        It is good to ask the seller to fly the heli before you.
        If you really has little technical knowledge, get the tx together with the heli from the same seller if possible.

If you are particular about part support, get a heli (new or used) that has local support.

Comment

Budget wise i can cope, tx got so many brands and models now.
          I used to have a spektrum DX9 together with a few helis too.
          now so many model also dont know what to go for ! (TX & Heli)
          i was thinking of getting a second hand heli to start off, cheaper and more economical.
          As for TX & RX, i was looking at DX6e , really looking good and great to start off.
          Dont know if i should go for 8ch straight anot, not sure if i would use the extra 2 channels

Any specific heli to recommend? Are the hobby shops still at the same places ? HAHAHA

Comment

Originally posted by Caslton View Post
            Budget wise i can cope, tx got so many brands and models now.
            I used to have a spektrum DX9 together with a few helis too.
            now so many model also dont know what to go for ! (TX & Heli)
            i was thinking of getting a second hand heli to start off, cheaper and more economical.
            As for TX & RX, i was looking at DX6e , really looking good and great to start off.
            Dont know if i should go for 8ch straight anot, not sure if i would use the extra 2 channels

Any specific heli to recommend? Are the hobby shops still at the same places ? HAHAHA
            Which heli to recommend? nb8686 will be the best person to advise, he has a very good arsenal of helis.

Comment

I was told by a mr tareq that goblin is DAMN GOOD.
              Heli-ADDICTION:
              Mikado Logos, RaptorG4s, X7F, 600ESP...
              JUST one more Logo...for the month.

Comment

IMO....The best heli i ever see in my flying field is Ming Da 600...

Comment

Originally posted by mave View Post
                  Which heli to recommend? nb8686 will be the best person to advise, he has a very good arsenal of helis.
                  LOL.

A best heli for one person, may not be the best heli for another person.
                  A best heli for flying, may not be the best heli for training.
                  The best heli may come with other issues, such as part availability and part price, etc.
                  A very good and expensive heli for a rich guy could be his best heli, but may not be so for another guy with a different depth of pocket.

I think it boils down to the conditions of the pilot and the purpose of the heli.

If a heli is for a regular training purpose, you would want it to be a heli that you can fly without fear in term of part availability and price.

David once said he is not going to fly a heli that when crashed it will cost him $1K to repair.
                  Not that he cannot afford, but with the $1K thing hanging in your mind just make you unable to fly in peace.

In my bias opinion (LOL), a Trex 550 is best for training purpose up to inverted hovering.
                  Once you can do inverted hovering, move on to a Trex 700.

Comment

Originally posted by perfect1 View Post
                    IMO....The best heli i ever see in my flying field is Ming Da 600...
                    Ming Da 700 is also belly good.

Comment

Several brands will never be wrong like Align, SAB, Mikado etc. If you are a competent flier, go for a decent machine with decent electronics setup.
                      Too many helis!

Comment

Thanks for the warm advices from you guys !
                        I guess im going to start spending money alr !
                        Im still debating what size Heli to get, as well as electronics such as chargers and all. any recommendation?
                        Any kakis or senpai staying around Jurong area !
                        Any flying fields nearby west area.

Comment

Don't forget lipo cost too
                          Heli-ADDICTION:

Comment

Originally posted by Caslton View Post
                            Thanks for the warm advices from you guys !
                            I guess im going to start spending money alr !
                            Im still debating what size Heli to get, as well as electronics such as chargers and all. any recommendation?
                            Any kakis or senpai staying around Jurong area !
                            Any flying fields nearby west area.
                            Ok, my equipment:turnigy heavy duty 6s5000 60c...good value for $.For chargers, icharger306b, revo PL8 with e-fuel.

Motor: scorpion is preferred, servo: BK & Futaba, esc:castle & YEP (shiok!), bec:Hercules, FBL:brain, beastx & vbar (I prefer brain "feel"). My transmitter is a very old but reliable dsx9...cannot bear to change.
                            Heli-ADDICTION:

Comment

wah your equipment power ah. I last time mostly use savox servos and all. ESC Castle, fbl i only touched on beastx and the last time robird cheap cheap one.
                              Now dk still around anot. Bless me, i totally need to get everything , like really everything ahashaha

Comment

Working...
                              X