Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Making a police report against a seller here.

Collapse

Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Making a police report against a seller here.

Hi all,

Just wanna share my experience across.. I`m pretty new in this Hobby so.. Recently I purchased some heli from a seller here.
    The deal was relatively cheap which caught my attention. So I proceed to inquire more.
    The seller actually told me that some heli requires transmitter setting while some require parts change only and he does have the spare parts for replacement for me and added all are in working condition.
    So I suggested him to fix it up before we deal but I got rejected, he mentioned that he doesn't have the time to setup while he advise me to go to Rotor for "repair" which I did.
    Today was the collection day and Rotor says that 2 heli are beyond repair.. I literally wish I could just break down to curse and swear.. but I know there's nothing much I could do..

Then I WhatsApp the seller immediately and so he first said, that was the deal and ask me to just bare with the losses.. after further conversation.. he gave in and say willing to compensate $50 back to me for my losses.. but ofcoz I dun wish to have that $50 to replace 2 heli that I could fly! but he just dun wan to give in anymore.

Rotor charges me $120 workmanship. Upon the receipts stated Main gear, Misc, Rotor Blade holder only..
    Not sure if those are the parts changed on this "workmanship" or there could be others that they uses my spare part which I left in the shop..

Engaging this hobby with a bad experience from a dishonest seller..
    So piece of an advise.. DO ask the seller to SHOW it work before giving money to the seller! else do not buy unless you are a pro..

Btw any idea how to tackle this tricky situation?
    Also any kind soul willing to take a look at my heli and tell me what item is faulty so I could buy the parts and try to replace it?

Next time, ask the seller to do a hover test atleast.

Comment

Let the shame game begin...

Sorry to learn of your plight...its pretty much caveat emptor here. Don't give up this hobby cos of a botched deal. Pick up the pieces n move on...unless its such a huge amount which i don't think so.
      Heli-ADDICTION:
      Mikado Logos, RaptorG4s, X7F, 600ESP...
      JUST one more Logo...for the month.

Comment

Originally posted by cielo View Post
        Next time, ask the seller to do a hover test atleast.
        +1. Just like buying 2nd hand car...must test drive first.
        Heli-ADDICTION:

Comment

In the eyes of an experienced flier, sometimes some parts are acceptable to be left un-repaired.
          I do not think the police can help in any case as this is private sale between 2 willing parties, even CASE will do nothing.
          Frankly, I had been thru many second hand sale and only my first RTF heli had seen live demo before paying.
          Too many helis!

Comment

coz he said items need to replace and no setting done.. thus, no hover test.. damn.. I dunno.. I guess.. ur encouragements.. giving me a "kick" on my butt back to this hobby..
            thanks anyway.. so.. should I name the seller name and contact number here? so in future other newbies like me.. could be cautious on that fellow..

Comment

Jumping into the hobby without a familiar friend to watch over you is difficult. I understand it is cheaper to buy something off the second hand market and if the interest dies, at least the investment is low. We do have to be careful about what Rotor claims as well, what is meant by un-repairable? I assume parts are available in the store. We normally perform the repair ourselves and make guesses on what parts are required, and a few trips to the local shops if required. Imagine if there are no local support these parts had to be sourced outside the country, shipping could be expensive. I read that you have more than one heli, maybe you can move parts around and make one fly it is better than none.
              Too many helis!

Comment

Greed is the root cause of this issue...
                I love PAP

Comment

Originally posted by SlaCk3Rx View Post
                  coz he said items need to replace and no setting done.. thus, no hover test.. damn.. I dunno.. I guess.. ur encouragements.. giving me a "kick" on my butt back to this hobby..
                  thanks anyway.. so.. should I name the seller name and contact number here? so in future other newbies like me.. could be cautious on that fellow..
                  There is a thread for that in "market talk"... feel free to post.
                  I love PAP

Comment

liang, i will call rotor and check what are the parts that is faulty and why they claim its beyond repair..
                    hallo, ya lo.. coz this hobby is pretty expensive to begin wif.. poor lad like me does not have a strong financial pillar at the moment.. so decided to trust the community that has no dishonesty.. well.. lesson learnt..

Comment

Hope you will reach an amicable resolution to this matter. Yes, this maybe a wanton hobby with all the crashing, repairing and upgrading. It certainly doesn't have to be a slugfest to the extent of lodging a police report which our Men-in-Blue will absolutely NOT get embroiled in.

Without information from both parties, very difficult to assess objectively on culpability. Anyway, hope rotor will settle your woes though.
                      Heli-ADDICTION:

Comment

Originally posted by SlaCk3Rx View Post
                        liang, i will call rotor and check what are the parts that is faulty and why they claim its beyond repair..
                        hallo, ya lo.. coz this hobby is pretty expensive to begin wif.. poor lad like me does not have a strong financial pillar at the moment.. so decided to trust the community that has no dishonesty.. well.. lesson learnt..
                        I don't see any greed here. Just a newbi bought unsuitable heli from a dishonest seller.
                        You may whatsapp 90187346, we can have a chat, I know how difficult it is to start heli flying without experienced guidance. Luckily I have gone through that stage.

Comment

No greed here and no dishonesty yet too I see, just some confusion around expectations between buyer n seller.
                          Too many helis!

Comment

Originally posted by river001 View Post
                            I don't see any greed here. Just a newbi bought unsuitable heli from a dishonest seller.
                            You may whatsapp 90187346, we can have a chat, I know how difficult it is to start heli flying without experienced guidance. Luckily I have gone through that stage.
                            why you want to use such a term? how well are you acquainted with the facts of the case? until the full facts are laid out in entirety to all of us, let us stay objective first. Let us not pass any hasty judgments on either party, can?
                            Heli-ADDICTION:

Comment

Originally posted by ah_liang View Post
                              No greed here and no dishonesty yet too I see, just some confusion around expectations between buyer n seller.
                              Agree. But can tell the seller is not a very nice guy.

Comment

Working...
                              X