Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Powering of Logo 500

Hi guys. Just a small question; is it advisable to use separate power for rx on Logo500? My current setup is Sbus to mini VBar and taking power from the mains of 6s5000mah. Wat are the pros and cons. Have a spare LiFe 2s1000mah which could be use to power the rx. Or can I power the rx and system with the LiFe and disconnect the single power line from ESC or vice versa? Much appreciated. Thanks

If ur esc is bec type, just remove the red wire and power both rx and fbl using the Life pack. Do u have a concern of using the bec?
    Too many helis!

Comment

I'm using the YGE 90, no concern about the bec. Just wanna be sure of the correct setup. Thks

Comment

Pro if bec dies your servos n receiver will still
        be working for auto landing , con extra weight.
        Best of both worlds is use bec with a small
        buffer pack

Comment

make sure yr rx lipo is "good-to-go". I always use 3s1200 -1500...I like insurance cos if 2s fails...god luck. ask me HOW I know..
          Heli-ADDICTION:
          Mikado Logos, RaptorG4s, X7F, 600ESP...
          JUST one more Logo...for the month.

Comment

Originally posted by feudallordcult View Post
            make sure yr rx lipo is "good-to-go". I always use 3s1200 -1500...I like insurance cos if 2s fails...god luck. ask me HOW I know..
            How you know?

Comment

it was the JR vibe 50 with 2s BEC...too long never use lipo so thought it was usable. halfway through, one cell upz lorry n the vbar went all apeshit. I lost all control of servos cos of cos rx lipo went under 4v. here's the strange part: I was actually able to balance -charge the 2s lipo to 8.4v so how on earth the lipo pack just up like that?
              Heli-ADDICTION:

Comment

Thanks for all the advice and suggestions. Will likely change the ESC as I'm more familiar with Hobbywing or maybe some other brands. In this case using the BEC from ESC and also a buffer pack for the rx. Now...what ESC should I consider?

Comment

Originally posted by feudallordcult View Post
                  it was the JR vibe 50 with 2s BEC...too long never use lipo so thought it was usable. halfway through, one cell upz lorry n the vbar went all apeshit. I lost all control of servos cos of cos rx lipo went under 4v. here's the strange part: I was actually able to balance -charge the 2s lipo to 8.4v so how on earth the lipo pack just up like that?
                  I think the battery already damaged as you have not used it for too long. Sometime damaged or expired cells can still be charged, even to full voltage. But the charge can only hold for minutes. The best way to confirm is to charge the battery then wait for an hour, if the charge of all cells still hold it is okay. Painful experience.

Comment

YGE is a good brand
                    Too many helis!

Comment

I always go with separate 2s battery. Less stress on the ESC and you can smack without worry.
                      Kedi AH !

Comment

Originally posted by Ajaking View Post
                        Thanks for all the advice and suggestions. Will likely change the ESC as I'm more familiar with Hobbywing or maybe some other brands. In this case using the BEC from ESC and also a buffer pack for the rx. Now...what ESC should I consider?
                        hobbywing is a VERY reliable brand albeit it's M-I-C product. We saw the way dunkan boisson try to MURDER his heli using hobbywing esc...seriously good...as least it will NOT self-cremate...as for separate 2s lipo, many (esp helifreakers) want to save weight hence avid users of internal bec...but once the esc poofs, it's all over.
                        Heli-ADDICTION:

Comment

Originally posted by ah_liang View Post
                          YGE is a good brand
                          YEP even BETTER!
                          Heli-ADDICTION:

Comment

+1 :d