Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Serious] Drone recommendations to get to Aerial Photography & Videography

Hi all,

I'm looking to get into aerial photography/videography, and would like to seek your advice on what approach I should take to getting there.

My end goal is to get a DJI Mavic Pro/Phantom 4 for aerial photography, and I've read through many forum threads on whether I should get that as my first drone, or do it progressively. However, have been unable to find an answer.

I have a few questions:

1. Should I go direct and get the DJI Mavic Pro/Phantom 4 as my first drone?

2. If no, and I should get a cheaper drone to practice on. Should I get one that has/does not have a camera? i.e. Blade Nano Qx vs Blade 180 qx?

3. Finally, which drones would you recommend I get? Would be great if you could provide some models.

Some context:
    - I've dabbled in RC helis a few years back, and have a Spektrum DX8
    - I've not flown drones before, some basic experience with helis (Blade Nano CP)
    - I live in Singapore.

Would appreciate your help and experience.

Thanks so much!

- Dan

Hi , how's it been going ? Did you manage to proceed with your plan ? What would be your opinion for newbies for aerial photography ?
    My experience flying a friend's DJI proves me that it is actually much easier to fly drones than heli, so I won't be too worried about flying a drone.

I do video as my serious hobby and post them to my Youtube channel. However I've not done any high altitude video.
    However if you asked me, what about general high angle video shots, say 3 to 5 metres top down shots of events, people, etc I would still insist just use a monopod and leverage the camera on top.
    Maybe I could add a gimbal to the monopod to stabilise it, but then again my DSLR has 5 axis stabilization function which is able to take decent video without much shake.

What is your gear ?
    I am interested to know what kind of video you are doing.
    Cheers
    I'm Remotely Controlled ...

Comment

Working...
    X