Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nong Nong Tyme ago, a china man ( kaypo passerby ) came to me as I was trying to learn to hover.
    He ask, how high can it fly.
    I told him, can go very high.
    He ask, then how high is very high.
    I said, your eyes can see, means it can go that high.
    He said, he shortsighted, so meaning cannot go that high then?
    Then I said, you can always hop-up your eyes with glasses, then it can go higher.
    I'm Remotely Controlled ...

Comment

Originally posted by blueangel View Post
      Nong Nong Tyme ago, a china man ( kaypo passerby ) came to me as I was trying to learn to hover.
      He ask, how high can it fly.
      I told him, can go very high.
      He ask, then how high is very high.
      I said, your eyes can see, means it can go that high.
      He said, he shortsighted, so meaning cannot go that high then?
      Then I said, you can always hop-up your eyes with glasses, then it can go higher.
      Terence, is that you? LOL.

Comment

Heli Repair

Hi,

Just how long does it take you to repair a heli after it crashes?
        Some may never while some take more than a year at one extreme.
        I usually take about 2 to 3 days.
        I thought I was quick until I knew these two guys.

The number one is Vj (not his real name, LOL). He flew in the morning, crashed his heli.
        He rushed to a LHS, took an hour to repair the heli there, then dashed back to the flying field and continue flying.
        He was unstoppable.

Number two is Zk. He flew in the late afternoon one Friday, crashed his heli. He needed to get the spare parts
        very urgently as the next day is a Saturday. His flying section on Saturday was in the morning. No way he was
        going to miss it. He wanted to get parts but the LHS already closed.
        He could not wait for LHS to open in normal operating hours (10am) the next morning as he needed time to
        fix the heli after getting the parts.
        He called and made the LHS to open the shop for him at 6.30am. He got the parts at 6.30am, fixed the heli at the shop. Rushed to
        the flying field just in time to meet his friends there.

Can you beat them?

Comment

Wow : )

Comment

I must say, the LHS has one "hell" of good service and patience! Bravo!!!

Comment

There's only one LHS that I can think off who will provide such great services.

Comment

Originally posted by nb8686 View Post
                Hi,

Just how long does it take you to repair a heli after it crashes?
                Some may never while some take more than a year at one extreme.
                I usually take about 2 to 3 days.
                I thought I was quick until I knew these two guys.

The number one is Vj (not his real name, LOL). He flew in the morning, crashed his heli.
                He rushed to a LHS, took an hour to repair the heli there, then dashed back to the flying field and continue flying.
                He was unstoppable.

Number two is Zk. He flew in the late afternoon one Friday, crashed his heli. He needed to get the spare parts
                very urgently as the next day is a Saturday. His flying section on Saturday was in the morning. No way he was
                going to miss it. He wanted to get parts but the LHS already closed.
                He could not wait for LHS to open in normal operating hours (10am) the next morning as he needed time to
                fix the heli after getting the parts.
                He called and made the LHS to open the shop for him at 6.30am. He got the parts at 6.30am, fixed the heli at the shop. Rushed to
                the flying field just in time to meet his friends there.

Can you beat them?
                That is why I have more than one heli.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrianli View Post
                  That is why I have more than one heli.

Comment

when we use to fly at woodlands dr 17, just outside christchurch sec, we crashed our Raptor 50, bought spares (there was a pop-up raptor 50 spares car shop. haha!), setup up and fly again within 1 hour. Mind you, at that time we were dealing with flybar rods ! lol.
                    Kedi AH !

Comment

Heli Crashes

Talking about heli crashes, the type that is "once come many come".
                      I have two stories to tell.

First story is about "Ke". "Ke" owned nearly the full range of Trex helis., except 700 size
                      (if I remember correctly).
                      Every weekend he would bring all his helis and fly all of them. During a period of
                      2 to 3 weeks, he crashed all his helis, one by one, except a Trex 600 which I believe was
                      sold to a Thai friend. "Ke" gave up RC heli flying after the series of crashes, never seen
                      him ever again at the field. As I was not there during the crashes, I don't know the details.
                      I think he crashed about 4 to 5 helis.

The second story is about "Me". "Me" owns more than one helis.
                      Some months ago, while he was flying, something was wrong with the tail, the heli went
                      out of control and it crashed in no time. He has three of same type of helis, two as spare, LOL.
                      While he was repairing the 1st heli, he took the 2nd heli to fly the next day. As usual after
                      powered up the heli, he checked the swashplate and tail movement, etc., everything looked okay.
                      While the heli was spooling up, it suddenly went crazy and crashed on the ground.
                      "Me" was completely shocked, in his mind he was saying to himself "Omg, not again!
                      What did I do? Two in a row?". He was completely speechless and lost. He brought the heli home
                      and did a detailed check. The problem was due to faulty receiver. The receiver appeared okay
                      initially after power was connected, but the outputs would jump around after about 15 seconds.
                      Never seen this kind of failure before. He repaired the 2nd heli and replaced the a new receiver
                      within the same day. But, he didn't want to fly it yet due to fear of another crash. He then
                      continue with the repair of the 1st heli. He suspected that the crash of 1st heli was due to broken
                      plastic tail servo horn, so he replaced it with a metal one. He was using Vbar Neo, and he took
                      the opportunity to upgrade the Vbar firmware. He also decided to change the Tx to
                      Vcontrol (with the Vbar Rx) instead of the conventional Tx/Rx. In addition, he upgraded the pinion,
                      main gear, and a few other upgrade parts. After all these were done, some days later, he was
                      ready to test fly the heli. The heli lifted and flew around okay. But when he did some rolls,
                      he noticed the heli didn't behave normally. Did a few more rolls, the same thing happened.
                      The heli almost crash again. He immediately stopped the test flight. Subsequently, it took him
                      many days and flights to finally isolate and identify the issues. During the process, he almost
                      wanted to give up RC heli. But I told him to hang on there, never to give up. LOL.

The moral of the stories:

1. When you fix a crashed heli, try not to make those unnecessary changes yet, as it is difficult to
                      identify the root cause of a problem if there is any. Fix just those essential ones first. Only after
                      a few flights that you are sure the heli is okay before you implement other changes, preferably
                      one at a time. So that in case there is any problem you can identify the cause easily.

2. Stop flying for a short period if you encounter one crash after another. Meanwhile do more sim,
                      stay close to your heli. If you push yourself to much during such event you will likely to give up the hobby.
                      Each crash takes away a piece of your confidence.

I have seen too many people gave up the hobby after a series of crashes.

Comment

Originally posted by Murdanny View Post
                        when we use to fly at woodlands dr 17, just outside christchurch sec, we crashed our Raptor 50, bought spares (there was a pop-up raptor 50 spares car shop. haha!), setup up and fly again within 1 hour. Mind you, at that time we were dealing with flybar rods ! lol.
                        forgive me for the lack of a better word BUT old school pilots are a lot more HARDCORE than the current cohort. I know of an old dog who dumped a 700 frame few days ago cos it just didn't & couldn't fly right. To each his own I guess, as long as it makes him happy.
                        Heli-ADDICTION:
                        Mikado Logos, RaptorG4s, X7F, 600ESP...
                        JUST one more Logo...for the month.

Comment

I once crashed 3 helis in 3 days. Crashing faster then rebuilding them.
                          Almost threw in the towel.

Comment

Originally posted by Sumo View Post
                            I once crashed 3 helis in 3 days. Crashing faster then rebuilding them.
                            Almost threw in the towel.
                            You have quite a record there. LOL.

Comment

Well the saving grace is once you get pass "Afraid To Crash Syndrome"
                              That's when your flying begins to improve. Now even if I were to crash
                              my big helis, I just shrug it off rebuild & go fly again.
                              Touch wood though haven't crash for a long long time. LOL

Comment

Tail Not Moving

Last week, one uncle came to see me. He has a problem with his heli.
                                According to him, the tail is okay below a certain headspeed, but above that headspeed the tail cannot move.
                                Hm....I was thinking that make no sense.

I asked him to show me his heli so that I could take a look.
                                He replied he only brought along the Tx, not the heli. Thinking that most settings are in the Tx, and it was
                                likely a setting issue....

Further questions revealed:
                                - Flight controller is Microbeast Plus
                                - Tail move okay on bench
                                - Tail slider limits were set correctly

I told him I can't help much without checking the heli and flight controller.

Anyone had similar issue before?

Comment

Working...
                                X