Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommended TX

Hi bros of Daddy'os
    Manage to fix my heli with the help of some good old time friends. Went to do my engine tuning earlier on and everything's good and running. Been using my Futaba 7c 72mhz all this while and wishing to upgrade to a 2.4ghz. I'm sure most of you have been thru this stage of "what tx should I get?" Been trying to decide between JR Xg14, XG8, Spektrum DX9 or Futaba 8FG, 14SG. Any input will be greatly appreciated. Thks for reading my post.

Hi Ajaking,

Out of your choices, it's a toss up between the 14SG and DX9. DX9 if you would like to have good integration with the bind and fly micros, which can be plenty of fun, and 14SG if you like a slightly more premium feel (not that the DX9 is shabby). If you are in the hobby for the long haul, do consider even the 18SZ and Jeti DS-14 as well. You don't have to be a pro to enjoy a comfortable and well-designed radio.

Comment

I would go for futaba whose has a long proven history.
      I love PAP

Comment

Where can I get the feel of a Jeti Ds14? The JR do feels good on my hands.

Comment

I have a JR since I started RC plane. After almost 10yrs, I switch to Futaba 18sz, then I realized what I have been missing all this years... Futaba interface is much easier to use than JR. Especially if you want to do mixing or reassign channels. Futaba is easier. Just my 2cents

Originally posted by Ajaking View Post
          Hi bros of Daddy'os
          Manage to fix my heli with the help of some good old time friends. Went to do my engine tuning earlier on and everything's good and running. Been using my Futaba 7c 72mhz all this while and wishing to upgrade to a 2.4ghz. I'm sure most of you have been thru this stage of "what tx should I get?" Been trying to decide between JR Xg14, XG8, Spektrum DX9 or Futaba 8FG, 14SG. Any input will be greatly appreciated. Thks for reading my post.

Comment

Originally posted by Ajaking View Post
            Hi bros of Daddy'os
            JR XG8/14 design are so surprising ugly, dont u think so? I thought after X11, they will design something nearer to X28 styling but BTW JR RX also more expensive.
            I will go for Futaba 14SG. BTW the Model Select and Type are under LINKAGE which I think should be under SYSTEM but you should be able to live with it.
            If you dont want to spend more, Futaba T8/10J are a good TX. Value for money, easy to program and no antenna to break etc.
            I am using a Spektrum now with voice command which is very useful.

Comment

Many of our heli flyers at OHR are using Futaba, 8J/10J. Great value for the built quality and reliability, receivers are also not too expensive, can use third party rx also.

Comment

Working...
              X