Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

increase range of RC boat

Hi
    I am new to RC boating. I bought a cheap RC boat off the shelf and I tested it out at the swimming pool. To my disappointment, the boat stopped after travelling abt 20m away from me. The RC boat have this sticker with the 2.4Ghz pasted on it and the controller.

Can any experts or pro teach me how do i increase the range of the RC boat to about 50 or 60 metres? Only have limited budget, so i wouldn't be planning to spend hundreds of dollars to increase the range. TIA~~

Hi bro...

Care to post some pics of the boat ?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	13555639_10154058268710813_1957464738_o.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	62.5 KB
ID:	981285

Comment

Stated 2.4GHz and yet the receiver antenna is like 72MHz?
        Double confirm the spec. Did u change the antenna or is it come with it?

Comment

Originally posted by Super-Hornet View Post
          Stated 2.4GHz and yet the receiver antenna is like 72MHz?
          Double confirm the spec. Did u change the antenna or is it come with it?
          everything was from the box..

Comment

i checked.. it's operating on 27Mhz... not 24Ghz... my bad

Comment

And the truth will set you FREE...
              Heli-ADDICTION:
              Mikado Logos, RaptorG4s, X7F, 600ESP...
              JUST one more Logo...for the month.

Comment

27mhz is like old school.
                Too many helis!

Comment

The metal rod on the extreme right look like the detachable antenna for your TX. Did u screw that antenna in?
                  If u do not do so, your TX is working without a proper antenna. If that so, your transmission distance will drop tremendously. It may damage the TX radio also.

Comment

The metal rod on the extreme right look like the detachable antenna for your TX. Did u screw that antenna in?
                    If u do not do so, your TX is working without a proper antenna. If that so, your transmission distance will drop tremendously. It may damage the TX radio also.
                    yeah, I screwed in the antenna and extended it fully before launching the boat in the swimming pool. it stopped moving after travelling 20metres from me. i had to walk to the boat before regaining control of the boat

Comment

btw, what is TX?

Comment

TX = transmitter, RX = receiver as how I call them.
                        Too many helis!

Comment

Originally posted by ah_liang View Post
                          TX = transmitter, RX = receiver as how I call them.
                          thanks.. for my boat, any chance of increasing its range?

Comment

if I get another RC boat that operates on 2.4Ghz, would it be guaranteed that the range will be further than 100m?

Comment

Even if 27mHz is old school, we used to use them on rc cars, helicopters etc. Its range should be good, I wonder if this is consider toy grade or if it matters. My recommendation if it is possible to get a hobby grade radio system and swop the 27 mhz system out.
                              Too many helis!

Comment

Working...
                              X