Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTB : Helicopter Engine

Hi, I'm looking for a used 50 size heli engine n muffler if available for my Trex 600N. Been away for too long from this hobby and decided to make a comeback. Any of you peeps have one lying do give me a buzz at 90624735. Cheers

I've been receiving a lot of offers from Daddian's with regards to the engine. Thanks to all the offers as I only need the engine/muffler not a complete heli. The question now is ,"Is nitro powered heli out of the scene cos lots are giving up Nitro powered heli and going fully electric?" Any comments?

Comment

Originally posted by Ajaking View Post
      I've been receiving a lot of offers from Daddian's with regards to the engine. Thanks to all the offers as I only need the engine/muffler not a complete heli. The question now is ,"Is nitro powered heli out of the scene cos lots are giving up Nitro powered heli and going fully electric?" Any comments?
      Whilst i still love the flight duration, smell and sound of nitro but I am also seduced by the power of 12s raw power. Go to Thai Heli Blow-out and watch the Pros fly to truly understand why most, if not all, have switched to electric setup. Nitro also requires maintenance as well creates one hack of a mess compared to no-frills plug & play of electric.
      Heli-ADDICTION:
      Mikado Logos, RaptorG4s, X7F, 600ESP...
      JUST one more Logo...for the month.

Comment

From my own personal journey, if i had to do it again,

I'd start to learn flying and aerobatics on nitro. Cheaper in the long run. and for learning the basics to get all orientations now, the ability to stop, land and refuel, helps with the learning process. With batteries, no matter how good the setup, voltage sag is not a nice thing to have.... (unless you have a 700mm-800mm bladed high voltage, low rpm setup that is super floaty)

The pros can switch over to electric, because they have all their basics to intermediates down and mostly have their own routines down, so having a all-power out WOT setup that runs for 5-6mins makes sense to them, but probably not for the common joe who is still learning.

that said, not having to clean up the nitro is a big plus on electrics... but there's also motor maintenance and balancing out the outrunner can and checking of all the power wire solder connections( which most of us dont do in SG),

Comment

Originally posted by MicroHeli-Nut View Post
          From my own personal journey, if i had to do it again,

I'd start to learn flying and aerobatics on nitro. Cheaper in the long run. and for learning the basics to get all orientations now, the ability to stop, land and refuel, helps with the learning process. With batteries, no matter how good the setup, voltage sag is not a nice thing to have.... (unless you have a 700mm-800mm bladed high voltage, low rpm setup that is super floaty)

The pros can switch over to electric, because they have all their basics to intermediates down and mostly have their own routines down, so having a all-power out WOT setup that runs for 5-6mins makes sense to them, but probably not for the common joe who is still learning.

that said, not having to clean up the nitro is a big plus on electrics... but there's also motor maintenance and balancing out the outrunner can and checking of all the power wire solder connections( which most of us dont do in SG),
          +1. I definitely dun check until sumtin happens.
          Heli-ADDICTION:
          Mikado Logos, RaptorG4s, X7F, 600ESP...
          JUST one more Logo...for the month.

Comment

Working...
          X