Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can i hand carry my dji phantom 3 on TigerAir not?

Collapse

Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can i hand carry my dji phantom 3 on TigerAir not?

Hi...I am visiting BKK on June 2016...was wondering can I hand carry my Dji phantom 3 professional on TigerAir fligh to Bangkok?
    Any kind kaki ever come across??
    Kindly share....I thank you a million times.

Whatapps or sms hp: 92336613

Hi, might have problem when you coming back SG custom! need to declare the value.

Comment

Meaning to say I still can hand carry on tiger air?

Comment

Better to check caas regulations. When I traveled SQ this March to bkk, there was some regulations about electronics with batteries.
        Heli-ADDICTION:
        Mikado Logos, RaptorG4s, X7F, 600ESP...
        JUST one more Logo...for the month.

Comment

Hmm...if come to worst...then have to give it a pass����
          But thanks so very much in advance to those whom show concern

Comment

let me know too

Comment

i was travelling to Dubai by SQ wif my Phantom 3 pro and was ask to check in my P3 at the counter coz of the transmitter battery is built in and cannot be taken out . so no choice i had to check in my P3 but do ask for a" Fragile"sticker to paste on it..

Comment

Ya...now I know that even tigerair they wanna it to check in with the propeller too...and hand carry the lipo batteries. .thanks for sharing brother

Comment

At last I got the reply from CAAS singapore

Dear Mr Gary Quek,

I refer to your enquiry to CAAS on 21 May 2016 and our email exchanges on 23 May 2016 to find out more about the drone and batteries that you are intending to carry in your baggage onboard Tiger Airways.

Based on the information that you have provided, the three standalone 15.2V, 4.48Ah (68Wh) Lithium Ion Polymer 4S batteries for the drone may only be permitted in carry-on (hand carry) baggage. They are not permitted to be carried in checked-in baggage. The batteries must be protected from short-circuit by either placing them in individual casing or by taping the exposed terminals with insulation tape.

As for the remote-controller which uses a 7.4V, 6.0Ah (44.4Wh) Lithium Ion Polymer 2S battery that cannot be removed from the device, it is permitted to be carried in either checked-in or carry-on baggage. However, the equipment must be protected from accidental activation when transported by air.

While international regulations permit lithium batteries of such capacity to be carried by passengers, the regulations do not obligate any airline from carrying them on their aircraft or prevent airlines from imposing more stringent requirements. It would be prudent to also verify with the airline (you are intending to travel with) that it also permits the drone and its batteries to be carried by passengers to avoid inconvenience at the airport.**

Should you have further enquiries, you may direct them to CAAS_dangerousgoods@caas.gov.sg.

Thank you.********

Important Note: This reply is sent via System. *If you have any further enquiries,*please click on this*link*to submit.*

Yours sincerely
                  Vincent Koh

Senior Aviation Safety Inspector (Dangerous Goods)
                  Airworthiness/Flight Operations Division

for CAAS Quality Service Manager

Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore Singapore Changi Airport, P O Box 1, Singapore 918141
                  Email qsm@caas.gov.sg
                  The Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore is Singapore's national aviation authority and a statutory board under the Ministry of Transport of the Government of Singapore. Its head office is located on the fourth storey of Singapore Changi Airport's Terminal 2.

Comment

CAAS-16-001275 : General Enquiry - hand carry drone on tigerair flight

Inbox
                    x

no_reply@caas.gov.sg

12:14 PM (6 hours ago)

to me

Dear Mr Gary Quek,

I refer to your enquiry to CAAS on 21 May 2016 and our email exchanges on 23 May 2016 to find out more about the drone and batteries that you are intending to carry in your baggage onboard Tiger Airways.

Based on the information that you have provided, the three standalone 15.2V, 4.48Ah (68Wh) Lithium Ion Polymer 4S batteries for the drone may only be permitted in carry-on (hand carry) baggage. They are not permitted to be carried in checked-in baggage. The batteries must be protected from short-circuit by either placing them in individual casing or by taping the exposed terminals with insulation tape.
                    As for the remote-controller which uses a 7.4V, 6.0Ah (44.4Wh) Lithium Ion Polymer 2S battery that cannot be removed from the device, it is permitted to be carried in either checked-in or carry-on baggage. However, the equipment must be protected from accidental activation when transported by air.

While international regulations permit lithium batteries of such capacity to be carried by passengers, the regulations do not obligate any airline from carrying them on their aircraft or prevent airlines from imposing more stringent requirements. It would be prudent to also verify with the airline (you are intending to travel with) that it also permits the drone and its batteries to be carried by passengers to avoid inconvenience at the airport.
                    Should you have further enquiries, you may direct them to CAAS_dangerousgoods@caas.gov.sg.

Thank you.

Important Note: This reply is sent via System. If you have any further enquiries, please click on this link to submit.

Yours sincerely
                    Vincent Koh

Senior Aviation Safety Inspector (Dangerous Goods)
                    Airworthiness/Flight Operations Division

for CAAS Quality Service Manager

Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore Singapore Changi Airport, P O Box 1, Singapore 918141
                    Email qsm@caas.gov.sg
                    The Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore is Singapore's national aviation authority and a statutory board under the Ministry of Transport of the Government of Singapore. Its head office is located on the fourth storey of Singapore Changi Airport's Terminal 2.

Comment

Documents and downloads complementing the current edition of the IATA DGR.

Comment

How did it go? I register to ask this because I need to know same thing.

Comment

Funny enough I ended up bringing it on a carry on with no issues!

Comment

Originally posted by DJIman View Post
                            Oh when was it that u brought your drone onboard?

I just contacted TigerAir regarding bringing my phantom 4 with 3 batteries (Store it in lipo bag), but they say they dont allow lehhhh ):

Comment

Originally posted by DJIman View Post
                              U travelled with TigerAirways ah? I contacted them just now and they said they dont allow drones onboard...

Comment

Working...
                              X