Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Compilation of Local Flying Sites

Hi everyone,

It seems like there is a lack of information on flying sites available in Singapore. I've also seen many posts in this sub topic about where to fly etc, but there is not list of clubs / places to fly. I'm hoping to make a list of available flying sites in Singapore, so that both new / old flyers can go to fly and meet new people.

If you flew at some sites / belong to some club, do make a post here on where you fly with GPS / maps coords, and I will add it to the list up top. Let's try to keep this list as updated as possible as available flying areas in Singapore change very quickly.

Flying Sites

CD (Civil Defense) Field Tampines - CANNOT FLY ANYMORE (updated August 2015)

Marina Bay MRT

Flying Clubs

Radio Modellers Singapore
    Flying field @ Tuas South Ave 1

ACE Aeromodelling Club
    Somewhere in Woodlands?

So i just realized you can't edit the posts. So i'm gonna leave a link here to a Excel file on Google Drive.
    I will constantly update this link whenever someone posts on this thread

Sheet1 Flying Sites,Flying Clubs CD (Civil Defense) Field Tampines - CANNOT FLY ANYMORE (updated August 2015),Radio Modellers Singapore https://www.google.com.sg/maps/place...!4d103.9253892,Flying field @ Tuas South Ave 1

Comment

Originally posted by FatsGW View Post
      So i just realized you can't edit the posts. So i'm gonna leave a link here to a Excel file on Google Drive.
      I will constantly update this link whenever someone posts on this thread

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Nice to know the locations, quick two questions?

Is there any plane size limit on these locations?
      Do I need any license or registration of the plane prior to flying in one of these fields, specially OHR?

Thanks!

Comment

can we just fly in any open field not listed in the link?

Comment

it's better to flying in a club. Planes I am flying now are of several years of service, and I fly every weekend. You get to save money joining a club. You are insured and will fly responsibly. You will learn how to treat the hobby (and your aircrafts) with respect. Clubs get real-time air clearance from RSAF too.

I have seen people walking/sitting/staying in the middle of the field in some of those places (non-club). I really could not land my planes and it was running out of battery juice!

Although having an aircraft hitting them during lost of control, landing, taking off, is not quite often, one encounter may cost the life of a person or at least severely hurt him. I don't want to go to that stage. It's not will or not happen, it is when.
          RC Trade dot SG

Comment

Working...
          X