Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spring cleaning... sad... it's time to say goodbye

Hi bros... I haven't been here for I think 3 years. I haven't flown my RC heli since 2009, and if you look at all my posts... 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013... they are all WTS threads.

I kept one last heli... my fav. Mini Titan... since 2009. But then I changed jobs, got busy... and then all my heli friends also got busy so it got shelved.

I picked up RC cars in 2013, because it was easier to play in confined spaces, and was also cheaper/easier to maintain than flying crafts. During that time I visited some hobby shops, so I thought maybe I can try to resume my heli flying, and I bought new servos for my heli (to replace the old ones b/c the horns have become brittle and disintegrated due to age) and also, I thought, ayiah uncle already.. still do simi 3D flying... decided to buy a scale heli body.

The scale body was never built. Even the RC cars are now on display shelves. I still take them out once in a while to "de stress", but that's it.

Sadly this year I have to clear even more after spring cleaning because I'm moving to a smaller house, or my wife will

I've kept some stuff with the hope that maybe one day I'll play again, but work just gets busier, and now with a baby... I think that's looking impossible for me to ever restart this hobby. By the time my kid grows up to play with me, I think all these stuff would have been obsolete...

I just want to ask, how much are these RC things worth anymore?

iMax b6 charger
    Futaba S3153 micro digital servos
    Spektrum AR6100e RX
    Spektrum AR6000 RX
    Spektrum AR7000 RX
    Spektrum DX7 + TT Mini Titan (old one lah no FBL) + Scorpion motor + servos + Futaba Gyro + unbuilt scale body + spares.
    Some old 3 cell batteries for the Mini-T

I'd like to sell those RXes, but if that Mini Titan is not worth anything I'd probably just force myself to build the scale body then keep it as a display... but I dunno where to store it.

This is really sad, but I think it's inevitable as I have moved on from becoming a young man (was <30 years old when I started this hobby) to now a parent. I think this hobby has served its purpose during my younger days... I have met nice people, learnt new things, it's time to move on...

If anybody wants to offer me a lump sum to take all these stuff, just buzz me at 90082997. It's not about the money but more of the emotional aspect of having to part with these things you grew up with.

Also... the old flying site at Bukit Panjang (Segar) where I flew w/friends has turned into several blocks of HDB... there's no more open fields here.

Comment

Your tx and rx may worth few hundreds.

Your mini-titan....................I think u keep better or just post a absolute low price to clear like $150 for all. Nowadays no one wants a flybar heli or a futaba tail gyro.

Your charger, if got balancer port, still ok. If no balancer port, just package with other stuff. With different lithium chemistry coming out, this old charger will not be able to handle such changes.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrianli View Post
        Your tx and rx may worth few hundreds.

Your mini-titan....................I think u keep better or just post a absolute low price to clear like $150 for all. Nowadays no one wants a flybar heli or a futaba tail gyro.

Your charger, if got balancer port, still ok. If no balancer port, just package with other stuff. With different lithium chemistry coming out, this old charger will not be able to handle such changes.
        Hmm thanks bro.. what about the electronics on the heli (less the Futaba gyro, i recall, is quite a "high end" one that is used on nitro helis.) The 45A castle creation ESC, scorpion motor (a little bit rusty) and metal gear servos, etc... should at least be worth a bit.

IIRC the scale body costs me ~$150-200, and is literally BNIB... haiz

If i'm keeping my heli, don't see any point selling the radio. They kinda go together. So if I sell my radio, the heli has to go.

Comment

Bro, sad to see another RC hobbyist go...in any instance, I'll give my 0.02c worth. Keep the mini titan and yr TX cos u never know, you might be able to fly in the not-so-distant future. I thought I would give up when my boy was born in 2012...my passion for helis only grew stronger and of course, with the Heli-buddies, it was simply no looking back. In any instance, if u r really bent on giving up, methinks Adrian advice is spot on. When it comes to dated helis, its not much how it's worth but how much loss u can stomach.
          Heli-ADDICTION:
          Mikado Logos, RaptorG4s, X7F, 600ESP...
          JUST one more Logo...for the month.

Comment

Originally posted by detach8 View Post
            Hmm thanks bro.. what about the electronics on the heli (less the Futaba gyro, i recall, is quite a "high end" one that is used on nitro helis.) The 45A castle creation ESC, scorpion motor (a little bit rusty) and metal gear servos, etc... should at least be worth a bit.

IIRC the scale body costs me ~$150-200, and is literally BNIB... haiz

If i'm keeping my heli, don't see any point selling the radio. They kinda go together. So if I sell my radio, the heli has to go.
            Not to pour cold water but you have to see the truth. You have stopped but the world still revolves.

Ur scorpion motor is HKII series? Ur castle creation is Phoenix Edge Lite series? Otherwise, your electronics are discontinued series already. Repairs need to deal directly with maker.

Sadly, scale heli is not a big thing in SG. So your fuselage.............somemore its TT fuselage, made of plastic, not fibreglass and need lots of work to fit other 450 size heli.

Comment

You look at this latest Trex450L heli selling price : http://www.daddyhobby.com/forum/showthread.php?t=95115

Electronics no lose to yours hor.

If someone is looking for a secondhand 450 size heli, which heli would they choose?

And recent transaction price : http://www.daddyhobby.com/forum/showthread.php?t=95177

Comment

Not to pour cold water but you have to see the truth. You have stopped but the world still revolves.

Ur scorpion motor is HKII series? Ur castle creation is Phoenix Edge Lite series? Otherwise, your electronics are discontinued series already. Repairs need to deal directly with maker.

Sadly, scale heli is not a big thing in SG. So your fuselage.............somemore its TT fuselage, made of plastic, not fibreglass and need lots of work to fit other 450 size heli.
                when it comes to fuselage, Adrian the Man.
                Heli-ADDICTION:
                Mikado Logos, RaptorG4s, X7F, 600ESP...
                JUST one more Logo...for the month.

Comment

You look at this latest Trex450L heli selling price : http://www.daddyhobby.com/forum/showthread.php?t=95115

Electronics no lose to yours hor.

If someone is looking for a secondhand 450 size heli, which heli would they choose?

And recent transaction price : http://www.daddyhobby.com/forum/showthread.php?t=95177

Oh my... I guess that's the sad truth. Thanks bro, looks like maybe I'll keep mine and build the scale body as a project...

Comment

Originally posted by feudallordcult View Post
                    Bro, sad to see another RC hobbyist go...in any instance, I'll give my 0.02c worth. Keep the mini titan and yr TX cos u never know, you might be able to fly in the not-so-distant future. I thought I would give up when my boy was born in 2012...my passion for helis only grew stronger and of course, with the Heli-buddies, it was simply no looking back. In any instance, if u r really bent on giving up, methinks Adrian advice is spot on. When it comes to dated helis, its not much how it's worth but how much loss u can stomach.
                    I've been hoping for yearsss so I think I can give up hope lah .. hopefully I'll still play with my RC car

Comment

Working...
                    X