Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enquiring

Hi, newbie here. I will be getting myself in rc soon. Mostly all three platform, rc plane, cars and boat. But first step would be rc plane. I would like to know where do most of you guys get your supplies of esc, motors, batts and servo from? I tried looking around but it seems that turnigy and ntm brand is rare here.

Anyone mind if share with me what are the recommended brand to look out for locally? Brands for batteries, brushless motors and ubec controller and which hobby shop have them.

I would hate to go one shop to get one part and then to another to get the other part. And buying overseas might just delay on things and it seems troublesome to do that if you looking to get only 2 or 3 stuff. Or do you guys really does that. TIA

Welcome to the club! If you are purely buying new I am sure most of us sourced our rc supplies either from local hobby shops or by ordering online. There is no 'one stop shop' per se as most hobbyists get different items by hunting from different places for their rc needs. It is all part of the fun! Shipping is relatively fast nowadays with FedEx and UPS you should be able to get your hands on the ordered items relatively within the week or so. Turnigy and NTM are both from hobbyking so that is where you can purchase them from. You can always 'share' your shipping cost with another friend to save money. If you prefer to support local businesses, a trip to Fook Hai building is a quick start! There is also a wide variety of lipo selection available at Zenmtech which I find stock the biggest inventory of lipo batteries for RC locally (look for the link Zolta on this website). As for motors, esc and servo, the choice of brand really depends on your own spec requirement and budget.

If you are, however, considering second hand items you can always check out the marketplace on this forum to look out for any cheap bargain. Happy hunting!

Comment

Alright! Thanks for the reply. And thanks for the tips.

Comment

Hi Team. anybody Know where can buy styrofoam block.. i need it ti my project thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by AC_23 View Post
          Hi Team. anybody Know where can buy styrofoam block.. i need it ti my project thanks.
          Try Art Friend and Diaso... Or sometime, your neighborhood's bin

Comment

Working...
          X