Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

frequency question

when buying my radio, the girl in the shop as me what frq I want, I have no idea, so I ask for the legally allocated freq, she gave me 29mhz.

so if happened that on the filed someone is using the same freq as you, what shall we do? pack up and go home?

TIA

Originally posted by PentiumPC
    when buying my radio, the girl in the shop as me what frq I want, I have no idea, so I ask for the legally allocated freq, she gave me 29mhz.

so if happened that on the filed someone is using the same freq as you, what shall we do? pack up and go home?

TIA
    There are several RC freqencies like 29, 35, 40, 72MHz. And, within these freq, there are many "channels". So, as long as nobody on the field has the same freq + channel as you, it's ok.
    Remember: always do a freq check with fellow flyers before u even switch on your tx

Comment

Originally posted by gEcky
      There are several RC freqencies like 29, 35, 40, 72MHz. And, within these freq, there are many "channels". So, as long as nobody on the field has the same freq + channel as you, it's ok.
      Remember: always do a freq check with fellow flyers before u even switch on your tx

that is the number 1 safety rule on a field. you don't pack up and go .. what I do is check with anyone on the field. that time soeone was on the same frequency and chanel ~ 29.825 so lucky me , i brought extra crystals and changed mine to 29.875 to fly.

i'm wondering , why did you get 29mhz? it's very hard to find a receiver for it not to discourage

Which character are you test by

Comment

I was told by LHS that all nitro RC Tx/Rx must use 29MHz as it is the legally allocated freq. for nitro models. Is this true?

Thx.
        Scale by Scale

Comment

Well, in Singapore Official allocated frequency is 29MHz (Unless I'm wrong, some plz correct me). But if u really wanted to follow the official guideline, that mean u have to register your TX also and there is an annual fee for that also.

It is true that 29MHz is difficult to find RX. I think the most common and more easily find TX/RX will be 35MHz, 40MHz and 72MHz.

U can get 35MHz, 40MHz and 72MHz easily in LHS. If it is considered illegal, then u will not able to buy it instead or u need passport instead... Just like buying a High Powered Transceiver in Sim Lim Tower or Sim Lim Square.

Another point I recently encounter is that something One brand of RX will not work or does not work well with other brand's frequency. (all in same single Conversion). Take example, Hitec normally in 40.xx5MHz (Take example) but Futaba normally in 40.xx0MHz. Then some RX will not work with 40.xx5MHz (Or behave oddly) but works perfectly in 40.xx0MHz.

Normally getting same company's TX and RX give u better compatibility combination.

Super-Hornet

Comment

Hi, some value added pointers. Singapore only legalise 27mhz to 30 mhz for RC purposes.Anything above 30 mhz is already allocated to other used. i.e commerical, military and etc. Therefore, operating above 30 mhz for RC is consider illegal.

Comment

Originally posted by alamin2
              i'm wondering , why did you get 29mhz? it's very hard to find a receiver for it not to discourage
              because i blur like sotong when it comes to R/C, I get 29Mhz because I ask them for the legal freq, lol.

how much is a set of crystal?

for now I use it with FMS, even with FMS, I crashed.
              I will go Tampanies bicycle park to observe other flyers this tue.

Thanks for the reply.

cheers,

Comment

If u bought futaba, 29.825 is very common because it is the default futaba 29mhz frequency i think. or maybe it comes with the R149? My very first mistake was to take 29mhz because its really hard to find small recievers and when i do, its usually more expensive because i have to buy futaba stuff or its outta stock.

Comment

Originally posted by Artyspec
                  If u bought futaba, 29.825 is very common because it is the default futaba 29mhz frequency i think. or maybe it comes with the R149? My very first mistake was to take 29mhz because its really hard to find small recievers and when i do, its usually more expensive because i have to buy futaba stuff or its outta stock.
                  yeah it does seem that the futaba Rx on 29mhz is forever out of stock. I gave up looking for it and bought a 40mhz Sanwa radio. Sheesh..

For crystals, If i remembered correctly, depepnds . I bought mine at $13 if i remember it . Just the RX crystal. if Tx and Rx i dont know . Maybe $25 ?

an alternative is Feigao Rx... but it's at motor shop.....

Comment

Originally posted by Artyspec
                    mine is 29.850Mhz.. no choice I guess we learn, will pick another freq some day.

Comment

can just change the module rite?

Comment

Originally posted by haowee
                        can just change the module rite?
                        but not all Tx can change module

Comment

Originally posted by alamin2
                          but not all Tx can change module
                          er.. FF9 Super can rite?

Comment

If your Tx has pluggable module behind, then u can change. Futaba 9Cxx and Super can change.

SH

Comment

Working...
                            X