Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tips : making use of broken blades

If you have a broken blade from a crash, you can make use of that good end of the blade into good use.

I just had a crash recently and had kept the broken blades.
    Then I thought of making use of this broken piece into good use when setting up my cyclic pitch , etc.
    I saw it into a short length and smooth out the edges with a file.

Then I use it as a fix for putting on my pitch gauge onto.
    Because it is short, working on the heli is now so convenient. You can rotate the blades anywhere you liked, and check its pitch on your work bench.

I used to be bothered by the blades spinning up, or having to move my face / body away from the long blades whenever I need to position the blades so that I can read the pitch angle off the pitch gauge.

Now with a short blade fix, you can simple hook up this short blade with the pitch gauge and work on your gyro programming.
    It is so simple, safer and takes up less floor space on the work bench.

Never worry about the full sized length blade hitting the walls, your computer monitor or your face !

So next time when you have a broken blade, don't throw them away!

Click image for larger version

Name:	12247082_532450603590457_3523027190700574406_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	24.7 KB
ID:	1005610
    I'm Remotely Controlled ...

Great idea!!!! I did mine the same way.
    Too many helis!

Comment

Originally posted by ah_liang View Post
      Great idea!!!! I did mine the same way.
      Why you never share this tip last time.. made me throw away a few last time.. you got tip must share ma..

Comment

Becos I have not crash enuf to make a small business out of it!!!!! Wahahaha!!!
        Too many helis!

Comment

Originally posted by ah_liang View Post
          Becos I have not crash enuf to make a small business out of it!!!!! Wahahaha!!!
          Nonsense.. haha ! But yeah I like your humour..
          But I don't see any business sense into crashing a lot.. except making your vendor and store owner richer.

Actually my initial intention of keeping that broken blade is to turn it into a spatula so that I can plaster my false ceiling..the edges are so straight.. haha

Comment

I remember in the past when playing with 1/10 touring, there were these aluminum wheels for setting wheel camber angle and thought so why not for helis.
            I use to use full blades but often have to shift table in my house becos need to turn them around during setting up.
            My computer table is too small and had to move to the kitchen table just to complete the setup, with these I can finish everything from my computer table.
            Too many helis!

Comment

Yes that is so true for the part on convenience.. not everybody has the luxury of a big room for setting up big heli ..
              +1 for me and +1 for you Ah Liang , haha !

Comment

Eh.. this suggestion so power.. should share on RCG.. Really Tok Gong.. In da hobby for 8 years and never thought of it always threw my broken blades away...

Comment

Originally posted by MicroHeli-Nut View Post
                  Eh.. this suggestion so power.. should share on RCG.. Really Tok Gong.. In da hobby for 8 years and never thought of it always threw my broken blades away...
                  Feel free to share thisnpost if it can help each another!

Comment

Working...
                  X