Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Failsafe function

hi guys! i'm really noob but I really want to get started on buying a drone. my biggest concern is losing control of it though...do all drones have failsafe functions nowadays? My friends were telling me that the function lets the drone go back to where it took off originally...

Originally posted by flygirl View Post
    hi guys! i'm really noob but I really want to get started on buying a drone. my biggest concern is losing control of it though...do all drones have failsafe functions nowadays? My friends were telling me that the function lets the drone go back to where it took off originally...
    Hi girl,

Fail safe and return to home is not the same cause. Although it somewhat crosses the boundary between these two function.

Taken it raw, fail safe is what your want your craft to do when total signal is lost. It used to be when we are flying heli and planes, when there is a total lost of control signal, we would program the servos to go back to neutral and stop the motor.

To program a return to home, that have to rely on your GPS, provided your motors ( & servos, if any ) are still functioning, to fly back to your pre-determined location.

So now the problem is when you loss your controls from transmitter, you have to ensure your GPS had been locked prior for your craft to return.

So ideally you should have both, fail safe & return to home.
    I'm Remotely Controlled ...

Comment

Working...
    X