Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Radio Dead spot at CD Field?

Hi flying buddies,

Anyone experienced a "radio dead spot" at CD field? If you fly from the quarry side, the dead spot is on the left near the row of trees. I have lost a new plane there and my flying khakis also lost radio and subsequently their planes at the same spot. We all use different radios (Spektrum/JR/Futaba).

Of course it could be due to anything (weak batteries/old rx/vibration on rx/etc....) but losing planes at the same spot by different pilots on different radios makes it a little of concern.

Anyone using 2.4G amplifier? If you do, please spare a thought for fellow fliers....i am sure you won't want your own craft to crash too right?

Cheers.

anyone using 2.4G amplifier?

Comment

Radio signals can be interfered with when a signal greater than the bond between your TX and RX interferes with it. I would fly elsewhere and see if you have the same issues.

Comment

Guys same spot lost beaver yesterday and about to lose my fms p-47 today for sure its interference as the plane was reacting opposite to my inputs.
        For three years I have been using walkera devo 7 and this is the first time it happened like this.My walkera onces its disconnected never rebinds which implies that this was indeed interference.

Comment

Hey Buddy, thanks for advice.

Btw, another fellow flyer also reported his plane getting into the same situation at CD field last week, at the same spot. Anyone else experienced this?

Comment

I have one plane down also at the spot mentioned. Somehow I just lost radio control.

Comment

Originally posted by Verossa View Post
              Hey Buddy, thanks for advice.

Btw, another fellow flyer also reported his plane getting into the same situation at CD field last week, at the same spot. Anyone else experienced this?
              me...lost my beloved skysurfer abt 1 year ago.
              Heli-ADDICTION:
              Mikado Logos, RaptorG4s, X7F, 600ESP...
              JUST one more Logo...for the month.

Comment

Originally posted by feudallordcult View Post
                me...lost my beloved skysurfer abt 1 year ago.
                Lost beaver yesterday and today was about to lose p-47 for sure its interference as the plane was acting opposite to my inputs.

Comment

ok, lets tally and narrow down to the exact spot. If you are flying at the quarry side of cd field, the dead spot is on the left at 10-11 o'clock near to the road, around 100m height. Anyone can concur?

Comment

yes thats the same spot i

Comment

is it at the circuit track with a makeshift standing platform? Near the zebra crossing?

Comment

So what do you think its the cause? I think its either someone is 2.4G amplifier for their FPV or airbase radar. If its 2.4G amplifier, if the user is caught i think fellow flyers will skin him alive. LOL

Comment

I am not sure but last time when this happened to you guys I saw a plane extremely extremely high and even today when there was interference I saw the plane quite high ...I mean not arriving at any conclusion but just my observation !!

Comment

If its really 2.4G amplifier, we need to track this guy down. Either he is ignorant or he is plain selfish.

Comment

i hope no one is using RF jammer and play prank on the side of the field.

Comment

Working...
                              X