Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please sign petition for RC drone flying in parks.

Collapse

Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a bit like car insurance isn't it? most of us are safe drivers but why the f**k insurance premium keeps climbing? Same rationale I guess.
    Heli-ADDICTION:
    Mikado Logos, RaptorG4s, X7F, 600ESP...
    JUST one more Logo...for the month.

Comment

Once somebody from an insurance company told me that other 'disasters' which involve insurance payouts also affect car insurance.
      Eg. when there were floods and many people / companies claimed insurance, car insurance premiums also went up.

Anyhow, if the gahmen doesn't do anything to try to protect 'innocent' bystanders and they get hurt by drones flown by irresponsible people, they will be blamed.

So, better to protect than to react after people get hurt... don't want babies / young children to get hurt (like what happened in Malaysia a while back with an RC heli, though that was not actually pilot fault).

Comment

The 5km radius rule alone will kill you. No need to read further.. no need to fly also..RIP...radio control hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by perfect1 View Post
          The 5km radius rule alone will kill you. No need to read further.. no need to fly also..RIP...radio control hobby.
          yesterday 830pm channel 5 program shows a group flying drone .
          Seems like they were flying around marina bay area.
          So, should be ok

Comment

I can only account all these accidents as irresponsible adults who had cash to spend, but not enough sense to fly.
            I'm Remotely Controlled ...

Comment

But this rule has been around since ... forever ...

The problem is that Singapore is small and also because we need our airports (civilian & military).

Comment

Its those other guys who causes this current situation.
                They want to fly high, fly far, fly fast, push the envelope, push the hardware limit, push their capability of handling, push their radio reliability, push their eye sights, push their fellow mates to do so, that eventually one of them start having problem.

As such things occurs more frequenty, by probability, there will be once where one of those will end up on someone's head, house, car.
                And military airfield are so big, it isn't difficult to miss.

Why cant they just fly within line of sight, and slightly nearer, put their ego aside and enjoy it within a close proximity, lower altitute ?

Radio control cars are ran within a circuit.
                Boats in vacant pools, ponds and quarries.
                Air crafts are different. There are no red tapes to mark your boundary, no limit to the sky, so it is really, in my personal opinion, the FULL responsibility of the flyer to fly it responsibly.

Because a car, truck, buggy, boat, submarine , if they ever lost their control, only would whack into walls or fences.
                Air crafts dont.

Comment

Here are the 5km radius.. Still got place to fly

But like what others have mentioned. This rule has been there for ages. But it is meant for those jokers who always want to test the law and risk others' safety by flying intentionally into the airbase.

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by blueangel View Post
                    Its those other guys who causes this current situation.
                    They want to fly high, fly far, fly fast, push the envelope, push the hardware limit, push their capability of handling, push their radio reliability, push their eye sights, push their fellow mates to do so, that eventually one of them start having problem.

As such things occurs more frequenty, by probability, there will be once where one of those will end up on someone's head, house, car.
                    And military airfield are so big, it isn't difficult to miss.

Why cant they just fly within line of sight, and slightly nearer, put their ego aside and enjoy it within a close proximity, lower altitute ?

Radio control cars are ran within a circuit.
                    Boats in vacant pools, ponds and quarries.
                    Air crafts are different. There are no red tapes to mark your boundary, no limit to the sky, so it is really, in my personal opinion, the FULL responsibility of the flyer to fly it responsibly.

Because a car, truck, buggy, boat, submarine , if they ever lost their control, only would whack into walls or fences.
                    Air crafts dont.
                    You are very very right..i saw some of them even attempt to fly to malaysia... i think the next place will be the moon.

Comment

Just fly while you can before the officers chase everyone away..
                      We can't stop the bad eggs in the bag..
                      I love PAP

Comment

Someone just flew over SengKang residential estate and took a video of the flight.
                        Good job again.
                        Another one to contribute to the haste of clamping own on radio control flying hobby.
                        Give you park or empty land to fly you dont want, want to fly over populated area..

Comment

They need practise so that in future, can apply for jobs in the CIA..

Comment

Working...
                          X