Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bill introduced to regulate "drones"

CNA article here: http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/...s/1781136.html

The draft bill is here: https://www.parliament.gov.sg/sites/...%2013-2015.pdf

Still fresh off the press and needs reading and digesting. While the bill tries to differentiate "drones" (or Remotely Piloted Aircraft / RPAs) from model craft, the definition seems to cover a wider variety of aircraft. My guess is that it affects all aeromodellers.

Actually I was thinking if let's say it is enforced strictly on the 5km near an aerodrome. . It seems like we can only fly in central and tuas...

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-05-28-15-40-04_resized.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	980651

Forgot to attached file..

Comment

Unmanned craft basically meant any flying vehicles remotely controlled by a person on the ground.
        This includes as small as a micro heli, foam planes, quads etc.

The bill came but missed out the crucial part of flying unmanned craft as hobbist / leisure, who would only be flying within line of sight and not exceeding heights as far as normal eye sights could differentiate of it orientation, without the aids of cameras on board.

These group includes some leisure quad flyer, park flyers and almost all of the helicopter community.

I am exceptionally disappointed by the lack of the information in the bill that fails to denote that :
        " flying any unmanned craft at low altitude is perfectly safe and does not jeopardise the security of the air space and security of the state "!

The bill is definitely swooping down on all hobbist leisure flyers.
        With this bill, any auxilliary officer will abuse their authority and demand confiscation of your heli, slap you with a $20,000 fine and charge you in court.

This mentioned clause i highlighted must be challenged to the authorities.
        Otherwise with the 5 km radius and no specif mention of maximum allowable altitude for pure hobbist to fly their craft, it is going to end all of our weekend leisure fun.
        I'm Remotely Controlled ...

Comment

So assuming from the map, it looks like redhill, henderson to tuas are valid flying sites?
          Losers whine about their best. Winners date the Prom Queen.

Most people talk a lot, only few are up for the moment.

Suck Squeeze Bang Blow
          20,000 times a min

Comment

Working...
          X