Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What did I buy? Shredair ??? Help!

What did I buy? Shredair ??? Help!

I went to an estate sale today. At the sale was this Shredair glider. Looked pretty nice so I bought it. 127" wing span. V tail, Molded construction. 3 piece wing which appers to have very little dihedral.

Looking at some photos on the web I think it might be called the Stork, but I am not sure. Looks almost new. Came with ballast set and a wing/plane bag. Removable V Tail.

Appears to have Voltz servos. Wing is fairly flat. Adjustable winch hook.

Nose cone design but the equipment is accessed from the bottom rather than the top. There is a bunch of lead shot in the nose. Looks like it was built and balanced so I presume it is needed.

Take a look at the photos and help me identify it. Shredair seems to be out of business so I can't look at their web site and I can't find anyone selling their planes.

Is this an F3J, F3B, Slope glider? What is it?

Will it take a full pedal winch launch?

Anyone have any ideas on how it thermals?

Attached Files

More photos

Attached Files

Comment

Very nice, i think its a stork or a stork 2 or something. Shredair is Dieter Martin out of the US i think?, pretty high quality, been a long time since ive heard that name, but if memory serves, was something i lusted over when i was starting out.

Pars.

Comment

Thanks. Someone else mentioned Dieter so I contacted him. He confirmed this is a Stork 2 Pro. Looks like it has never been flown. He says it is a full F3J 2 man tow capable glider. At 76 ounces it is a bit heavy compared to modern moldies in this wing span. but not too bad.

Now have it set up on my radio. Looking forward to getting it up on the winch.

Comment

Indeed a Stork 2 Pro, bearing the characteristics of a 127" wing span, a 3 pc wing, and pointy wing tips. Only short is the classic red/pink trimmings on the edge of the plane.
          The empty airframe costs over US$1k alone. Did you get it at a bargain?

Comment

$200 US. A real bargain. Did not fully realize what it was. Thought it might be a slope glider, but it is a full F3J. Can't wait to get it on the winch. Servos seem to be fine. Added my receiver and switched the battery. Everything seems to work fine.

Those wing tips are beautiful but I just know I am going to damage them by miss handling the glider.

Comment

At that price that's a steal! You can't go wrong with yellow in the sky and it even looked good just sitting there. You probably like to start slope using foam first or some 'crashed and repaired' slope glider and move up to handle such a beauty.

Comment

I have been slope soaring for years. Have flown gliders of this size on the slope before. But this glider will be for thermal duration contest flying off the winch. Not likely to ever see the slope.

Comment

Hi aeajr,
                  Nice plane, great find. Where do you winch?

Comment

Hi aeajr, great find! It'll look great in the air. Where do you do your winch launching.

Comment

Aah! Just discovered that You're in the US. Not many winch in singapore...

Comment

Yes I am USA based. But since this model came out of Europe I figured it might be known to your group, especially since I originally thought is was a slope glider.

I fly mostly winch launched thermal duration gliders. I fly a LOT of contests and travel along the East coast of US to attend contests. Mostly for fun as I rarely finish in the top 3. I have 3 Supras, a Graphite D-box and now the Stork 2 Pro for this kind of competition. In addition I fly ALES, altitude limited electric soaring, contests. I have an e-Supra and a Radian for these. Might try to find another Stork fuse and have two fuselages for the Stork.

I fly my TD gliders on the slope as well. Also have a Zagi 3C and a couple other slope gliders. I have two DLGs, a Polecat XP5 and a Kennedy Composites Blaster 2 that I fly DLG and sometimes take to the slope when the lift is super light.

Lots of fun!

Comment

Working...
                        X