Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Raised tail build issuses

I have a EC 145 fuse 600 size, my problem is the raised tail. A flexable torque tube was supplied with the fuse but I favour a solid boom with a angled gear box. Has anybody had any experience of either systems or both? Would be pleased to have your input.

John......................

I have EC145 (UH-72 Lakota) fuselage 600 size. But the heli I use is TRex500 size.
    What is the maker or maybe show your fuselage for better understanding.

My original fuselage kit comes with belt driven wit flexible type push rod. I find that the flexible cable is really sux.. so i do not bother to open the packing.. let alone use the push rod.
    Belt driven is OK...but I prefer to use draft shaft instead... so I replace it with Align's elevated gearbox for drive shaft. I build my own push rod (for tail pitch controlling) with a "L" linkage for controlling the tail blades.

I not sure about your flexible torque tube (assume it is for driving the tail rotor), but in my UH-60 (Mini-Titan) is using my own DIY of mixture of flexible cable drive shaft and rigid (torque tube) drive shaft. Working very well so far.

Comment

The fuse was supplied by smartmodels HK and I intened to fit a trex 550. What I really want is help finding a good angled gearbox. Align do not make one for the 600 which is the same as the 550.

Comment

So i guess we are using the same fuselage.
        If u want to use torque tube drive shaft for the elevated tail, the way i see it you can either:
        1. Try to see whether can modify or fit the tail with Trex 500 size and extend tail shaft and use the elevated gearbox.
        2. Try modify the tail section and the 500 size gearbox in order to use it in your Trex550.
        3. Use flexible drive cable that use in RC boat and mix it with the Trex550 drive shaft. The flexible drive cable only use in the elevated section.
        4. Use universal join that normally use it in RC boat or car for the elevated area.

Comment

Working...
        X