Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it ethical to sell items given to you FOC?

Collapse

Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it ethical to sell items given to you FOC?

When I started in this hobby some time ago, I was given kind assistance on numerous occasions and met many friends. Some of these friends offered their time, expertise and even the occasional spare parts when the inevitable crash happened.

Aa I was clearing out the storeroom for the coming CNY, I stumbled upon some items that I thought I would pass it on to fellow flyers.

Imagine my surprise when the items given out for free to some members, were immediately advertised for sale on DH for a small amount. I am aware that once an item to given to a person for free, that person is free to do what he wants with it. I am all for entrepreneurship, and if there is a real need to make a quick buck, I hope that at least the person should be honest enough to state that the item was obtained FOC. *Sigh*

Just feel that I need to get it off the shoulders - many thanks for reading my ranting. I promise this would be the last time I do so. Have a good night!

You're not alone on that one. I've given away some stuff only to find it being sold several days later. It's rather upsetting, but I suppose there's very little one can do.

Comment

It is sad that these things do happen.
      Probably by the same people who pretend to sleep in the buses and trains so to avoid giving up their seats to the needy.

My opinion is when you WTG something in DH, the intention is to let the person receiving it continue the RC passion ( or madness )... not making monetary gains.

But aiyahhhh.... there are too many of these
      kua boh, kong boh, tia boh people around.
      You hang one, thousands will come "eh pengyu... you got things FOC? "

Comment

Hmm interesting topic
        Perhaps get the giver's permission to sell as a courtesy first? Sounds odd but it sure gives you a good night sleep!
        I have given things away too and I do at times say that the item belong to the new owner already and free to do what he want with it, and it sounds even better right? Giveaway items with the added bonus the right to sell later! Giving is having no strings attached anyways
        Want to give might as well all the way

Comment

Yes, I do agree that once I had given the items for free without stating any conditions, he is free to sell, use or dispose it in any way he desires. I don't have an issue with that.

I just hope that people would be honest upfront and not imply that they have the items with them a long time even though they have the items for just a day or two.

Well, I have moved on and will still continue to enjoy the rc madness, er I mean hobby. There are still lots more people out there who are still honest and with integrity.

Cheers!
          Last edited by clai; 21-01-2015, 08:31 AM. Reason: spelling errors

Comment

Selling within a few days or within a short period of time is too much! It tells so much about the person's integrity and honour. It is almost taking advantage of the giver's goodwill and intention.
            Having said that, this hobby is meant for us to enjoy and have fun, not to make enemies and end up having a miserable time. So let's see the lighter side of things and learn from it. At least you can see clearly now who are the ones you can make friends and who are not.

Comment

When you give foc , probably you are trying to get things out fast and clear more space at your home. Just treat it as the guy deserved some remuneration for burning fuel to collect and doing you a service to clear out your space.

Comment

Originally posted by raidor88 View Post
                When you give foc , probably you are trying to get things out fast and clear more space at your home. Just treat it as the guy deserved some remuneration for burning fuel to collect and doing you a service to clear out your space.
                i say, just lay off the items and let someone who actually need it have it instead of taking it with the intentions of reselling.
                or atleast dont sell in DH! have some respect. these actions show no gratitude at all

Comment

Yep. Happens. Just let it be.
                  Items for Sale:

Comment

Whether its given or sold, now the item belongs to him, he has all the rights to give, throw away or sell them off.

No biq deal.
                    I'm Remotely Controlled ...

Comment

Happen to me before, it depend on how you value that item, if it is nostalgia or have some kind of precious moment with it, and you give to someone so he or she keep it then they sell, i also feel like kind of "really cut me deep" maybe just for a certain time. then i try to let it go...

Comment

Working...
                      X