• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redtwilight View Post
    Loll those last 2 lines are gold.
    Thanks.. I quite profound.. I almost become god too last time.. LOL
    I'm Remotely Controlled ...

Comment

Hi guys...need some advice...while trying to lift my heli off the ground...I notice that it starts to tilt to the left...fear for potential damage...what is the cause of this? Poor cyclic geometry setup on the gyro? All feedback and advice are welcome...btw...I am using microbeast...

Comment

Check geometry followed by servo. Dave got the same problem.
        Heli-ADDICTION:
        Mikado Logos, RaptorG4s, X7F, 600ESP...
        JUST one more Logo...for the month.

Comment

i going to get new main and tail blades and recalibrate all my servos...if same problem...maybe servo up lorry haha

Comment

I got similar problem last time, tilts to 10 0' clock Direction even before lift off.
            Problem due to tail vibration.
            Rebuilt and ok.

Comment

Originally posted by xdrave View Post
              i going to get new main and tail blades and recalibrate all my servos...if same problem...maybe servo up lorry haha
              Does it exhibit any sort of swash tilt when spooling up with the blades off?
              [:]=-[Hangar]-=[:]
              Trex 450L Dominator
              Goblin 500
              Spektrum DX9

"Airplanes fly while helicopters simply beat the air into submission."
              -RR Heli Quotes

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

I notice that once the battery is connected, the swash plate seems to be slightly titled to the right.... does this mean that I need to level the swash plate again?

Comment

Yes. You have a problem at the swash.
                  Also, check make sure servo are not stripped. If servo is stripped, it will also exhibit this problem.
                  Again, while setting up, make sure servo can travel throughout the full range.
                  How i check...
                  Push throttle to max and swirl the cyclic stick.
                  Push throuttle to min and swirl cyclic stick.
                  At either extreme the servo should not be binding mechanically.

Comment

+1 for the cyclic ring test. When you re-level the swash, try to also keep the swash level at the max and min collective limits using travel adjust or any similar feature if it is supported.
                    Trex 450L Dominator
                    Goblin 500
                    Spektrum DX9

-RR Heli Quotes

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Wah.....Seriously don't have a clue what you guys are saying (sorry...newbie here and learninng on a day to day basis).

Honestly saying...it has been very fustrating for me as I have the heli for a couple of months now but still haven't got the first decent madien flight every since I have a crush a couple of weeks back.....

been searching youtube for help and have sent to the best of my knowledge, but still have no confident in flying as I would very much prefer someone to help me check the setup before reflying again.....sigh.....

Comment

If robird or align Gpro I can help but other brands I don't know. But anyway , basic fundamental applies in any gyro.
                        Once you power up your heli , swash is level, right ? Agree ? It should anyway.
                        move throttle full up ( inhibit motor ) and your swash will move up to maximum ( most heli is swash up, sone models is move down ). This should also have level swash.
                        Like wise if you push stick down your swash will move down, again, swash have to be level.

Comment

+1000 unplug the motor before doing any tuning. Just in case. Thanks bro blueangel for explanation.
                          Trex 450L Dominator
                          Goblin 500
                          Spektrum DX9

-RR Heli Quotes

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Had a mishap weeks back, got all parts replaced - 1 cyclic servo, 4 gears at the tail, pair of tail blades, and needless to say, one would need to setup everything again, but as it turn out, i didnt even have to do that.
                            Everything drop into place nicely and i was happily flying yesterday.
                            So i am convinced that for heli to fly properly, the basic is ..

To have a properly designed heli in the first place, meaning reliable manufacturers.
                            Have consistently good replacement part, so there is not a single slight modification to drop that part into place, making replacement a wizz.
                            Even the servos, it peformed exactly from my old one to the new one, i didnt even need to get to the software to adjust the swash leveling. It just drop dead (no puns intended ) went to the correct position.

So to sum it up, if you need to fly, wants to fly, must make sure mechanics are perfect to start off with. No guessing, no sloppy jobs, no sleepy eyes while you work on it.
                            But i admit im beer with tools that night while fixing it. And beer before yesterday'sflight. Maybe im different, brain runs a little faster after alcohols.. Hehe

Comment

Hi Guys....

Finally managed to lift my heli off the ground...although not for long ...but at least it lifted off the ground....REALLY was heart stomping...

Didn't know that if will still drif slightly even thought I have not touch the alieron...and when I started adjusting...it started drifting accordingly....so much so that I kind of chicken out and reduce the throttle quite fast (guess there is still much to learn on the fine adjustments of the sticks)....Resulting in cracking the landing skit.....lol....Guess I am still not familiar with how sensitive the heli will respond to the transmiter....

To me it was a real achievment in overcoming the initial fear (although the fear is still there during my 2nd take off, but somehow, it wasn't as bad as I had previously experience) .....guess I will have to start practising more on both the simulator as well as the heli....

Any tips on how to overcome the intial take off drifting (as well as the kancheong hard landing....lol) would be greatly appreciated...

Comment

Originally posted by ATR76ers View Post
                                Hi Guys....

Finally managed to lift my heli off the ground...although not for long ...but at least it lifted off the ground....REALLY was heart stomping...

Didn't know that if will still drif slightly even thought I have not touch the alieron...and when I started adjusting...it started drifting accordingly....so much so that I kind of chicken out and reduce the throttle quite fast (guess there is still much to learn on the fine adjustments of the sticks)....Resulting in cracking the landing skit.....lol....Guess I am still not familiar with how sensitive the heli will respond to the transmiter....

To me it was a real achievment in overcoming the initial fear (although the fear is still there during my 2nd take off, but somehow, it wasn't as bad as I had previously experience) .....guess I will have to start practising more on both the simulator as well as the heli....

Any tips on how to overcome the intial take off drifting (as well as the kancheong hard landing....lol) would be greatly appreciated...
                                Bro,

i also experience chicken out feeling the week before, when i try to maiden my 550L. when i throttle up, and hover (i think only 1mm off the ground) i immediately cut all power.
                                then last week, i installed training kit. and managed to hover 1m off the ground!
                                perhaps u can try install training kit. it works for me!

Comment

Working...
                                X