Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Build log: OK Models Piper J-3 Cub (electric)

Collapse

Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Build log: OK Models Piper J-3 Cub (electric)

Been trying to get moving on the simplest of kits that I remember and it's still a challenge. For the longest time, the 2 fuselage pieces were the only things on the building board.... for 6 months. No excuse for not flying this one either.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	1001807

And then sat at the next step for a few more weeks while I figured if I'm reading the simple instructions right against the plan.

Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	980197

Comment

Nice!

Maybe you can photocopy a few of the plan before you pin them down. You can try the shop in Bukit Timah plaza.
      Don't go to Queensway photocopying service. Over there, they chop chop you and chop again... 8times at least.

Comment

True... Would have made a copy if it was a full build up type plan. OKM kits are almost like jigsaw puzzles. But, there's a set of plans and separate instructions. Really doesn't get any simpler.... Just the checking between the two sheets to make sure I have it right. And using PVA glue so I have more time to muck around.

Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	980214

Comment

Speaking of copying and printing plans, try Planco Digital on Peck Seah street. I print the PDFs and make copies there and it's inexpensive.

Comment

Planco digital do print pdf plans, 30cent for A4 size and $180 for full plan A1 size.

Comment

Originally posted by aeromodelling View Post
              Planco digital do print pdf plans, 30cent for A4 size and $180 for full plan A1 size.
              I've been printing my plans there all this while (see the Curare build). Just printed 2 duplicate (4 rolls) sets of plans from Mark Rittinger for about $11, larger than A1 but black and white.

Comment

Test fitting the next steps, rather bothered not having a proper jig setup then again it's OKM....

Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	980215

Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	980216

Comment

@tsunami

Yeah the stuff error. Insist the price is one hundred and eighty dollars per piece for A1 black and white, till I call the manager and the stuff apologies for such price and says its only one dollar eighty cents.

Comment

Originally posted by aeromodelling View Post
                    @tsunami

Yeah the stuff error. Insist the price is one hundred and eighty dollars per piece for A1 black and white, till I call the manager and the stuff apologies for such price and says its only one dollar eighty cents.
                    No worries. Hard to get the right details on the phone with these establishments... they don't do 'remote' too well... hehehe...

Had to go over, explain scale of the print for the PDF, paper dimensions / size to see what fits the plotter, printer, etc. Have made copies of plans for the kits, and have had a numerous PDFs (too many to build!!!) printed. Great staff in the back room. Reception / cashier isn't the most experienced. Anyhow, parking is easy there, and just need your USB or hardcopy plan... Hope to see more builders...

Comment

Thanks tsunami for sharing.
                      Have to agree on you, too many plane to build and having too little time.haha. one day one piece at the time, some models will take weeks to months even years to complete.
                      Its nice to see your build thread progress, take your time and enjoy every moment of it.

Happy building

Comment

The gluing begins step by step. Few hours in between but can be minutes if you use CA. Here's the fuselage coming together.

Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	980217Click image for larger version

Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	980218Click image for larger version

Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	980219Click image for larger version

Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	980220

Comment

Side show: GWS Spitfire outrunner

Here's the side show hoping to get airborne first. Thought this might be a nice kit to muck around with. Trying some new products on this foamie.

Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	980225

Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	980226

Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	980227

Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	980228

Comment

Here's the rest of the formers to complete the basic fuselage:

Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	980229

Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	980230

Comment

GWS Spitfire

Salvaged outrunner for the experimental side show:

Size:	40.3 KB
ID:	980231

Comment

Working...
                              X