Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help needed! What is V-tail mixing?

Hi guys, i'm not new to this hobby.I have been flying for almost 4 years of flight experience. I am the founder of the rc organisation, CommunityRC.
    We had a few people emailing us, asking how v-tail mixing works.We know what it is, but not how it works.Can someone tell us and we might make a video about mixes.

This requires that you are familiar with two things: what a v-tail is and what mixing is.

A v-tail aircraft has, as the name implies, a tail in a shape of a V, as opposed to the more traditional rudder/elevator configuration. In theory, less drag, in practice, insignificant unless your model starts to approach full-scale, or you are travelling through some odd medium.

There are two independent control surfaces, on the left of the V, and on the right of the V. You bring both surfaces up or down together to effect a pitch maneuver, and both surfaces in alternating direction to effect yaw. Clearly, this is an unnatural configuration to fly with sticks configured to drive the surfaces directly.

Enter v-tail mixing. This is similar to swash mixes if you fly helis, but for two servos. In the degenerate case, with the ideal tail set at 45 degrees and no funny coupling effects, then the mix is simply

Ch3 = ElevatorStick + RudderStick
    Ch4 = ElevatorStick - RudderStick

Where Ch3 and Ch4 are the channels going to drive the left and the right control surfaces of the tail.

Comment

Mrdepron...
      Try to google for " mechanical V tail mixer "..
      The pictures will surely help one to grasp the concept of V tail mixing.

Generally people will be able to see things mechanical better than electronics.
      Once they get the basic mechanics, only then you may bluff them on the electronic part.

Comment

I saw a picture about how it works.

Comment

This video might be helpful

Comment

Originally posted by aeajr View Post
            This video might be helpful
            Hi Aeajr,
            Very useful INFOMATION ; Thanks guys ...

Comment

niceeeeeee

Comment

Working...
              X