Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP:::how to increase flying range

I have converted one 3 channel hell into a homemade plane but I want to increase flying range.
    Flying ranges are smaller in helicopters than airplane.
    Someone give me tip how to expend range of transmitter?
    PLEASE

Change the TX n RX to r/c grade. Problem solved.

Originally posted by faisalkh View Post
    I have converted one 3 channel hell into a homemade plane but I want to increase flying range.
    Flying ranges are smaller in helicopters than airplane.
    Someone give me tip how to expend range of transmitter?
    PLEASE

Comment

and you know how?
      thanks

Comment

- Walk into the hobby shop and ask for a decent brand TX n RX.
        - Buy it.
        - Connect the servo wires to RX.
        - Power on, check controls.
        - Ready to fly.

Should be simple enough?

and you know how?
        thanks

Comment

After 1 week, you will want to buy a proper radio controlled grade plane ..
          I'm Remotely Controlled ...

Comment

And the fun begins .........
            Too many helis!

Comment

We seem not to be giving very constructive responses. The small heli bricks, such as those found in the popular v911 are really nice building blocks for micro aircraft, and rival even the small commercial receivers and servos in price and weight. The v911 bricks can even be used with the very popular 9x transmitter or module, giving you basically what features you get from a full programmable transmitter.

OP: What brick are you using, which transmitter, and what kind of range and drop out issues are you getting? Could it be an antenna positioning problem? You have to describe the problem in more detail. Photos will also be good.

Comment

I had nine eagles solo pro 4 CH hell...broken.
                successfully converted into light weighted plane and working..
                Just wanted to increase range...

Comment

But I look at ithe this way... TS converted helicopter into a diy plane. Now wish to increase range.
                  If ts upgrade TX rx then might as well just get something better. Because what's left in the conversion is probably nothing carried over from the original helicopter.
                  I'm Remotely Controlled ...

Comment

Originally posted by blueangel View Post
                    But I look at ithe this way... TS converted helicopter into a diy plane. Now wish to increase range.
                    If ts upgrade TX rx then might as well just get something better. Because what's left in the conversion is probably nothing carried over from the original helicopter.
                    There is really nothing else better in that price range and form factor, unless you want to get one of those bricks for the parkzone planes, at nearly thrice the cost. They're really nice bricks, I have a few v911 bricks lying around for precisely that purpose.

Comment

I had nine eagles solo pro 4 CH hell...broken.
                      successfully converted into light weighted plane and working..
                      Just wanted to increase range...
                      Ah, unfortunately, the nine-eagles protocol is really odd. One way to fix your potential link budget issues is to use a transmitter with slightly more gain: consider getting the Devo 10/12 and installing deviation on it. Then do the mod suggested on the thread at http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1918045

The other end of the link might be the issue: got any pictures of the plane, cable routing, and the antenna routing? Moving the antenna clear and pointing out might get you a bit more range, and probably more than enough range to fly comfortably in LoS plus margin.

Comment

Thanks bro for nice advice....
                        Unfortunately there is no antenna and antenna wire with original nine eagle solo pro heli..
                        but thanks very much ..I will try your suggestions...

Comment

Thanks bro for nice advice....
                          Unfortunately there is no antenna and antenna wire with original nine eagle solo pro heli..
                          but thanks very much ..I will try your suggestions...
                          There should be one, it is on the top left of the board if you look at it from the front. If it's missing, it might explain your range problems. You can always replace it with ~3.1cm piece of wire (measured from the point where it goes into the board.

Comment

Thanks for your advice again..
                            I haven't found antenna point on PCB so I could extend but I will work on it commencing weekend and lets hope if it works.

Comment

Working...
                            X