Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UMX B-17 WWII Bomber

This thread is to talk about the new E-flite UMX B-17. I have posted some videos below of the plane to get us started.

One of them is an Unboxing, Near Crash Maiden Flight, and Review of the E-flite UMX B-17G Flying Fortress WWII Bomber with AS3X Technology. The other is just the Maiden Flight footage.

I literally open up the box and describe what I see, like, and dislike about the planes. I also demonstrate a number of things as well, but of course you have to watch the video to see and hear it all.

Not only that, I included an exciting Maiden Flight. I expected to fly a slow scale plane and have it be a relatively boring experience. Well, that wasn't the case at all! Right after take-off there was a near crash and I will let you watch the video to see the rest.

Here is a summary of the review notes from the video:

Cons
    - Very thin rudder
    - Brushed motors
    - Not much power
    - Very out of trim elevator
    - Hard to install landing gear

Pros
    - Nice details
    - 4 motors with scale props
    - Fits in box for easy storage and transport

This is the complete unboxing, maiden and review:

This is just the maiden flight footage:

This second flight gives you a better idea as to how it flies when trimmed:

Comment

This is a video I almost didn't post because it once again shows me out of control with this E-Flite UMX B-17. Instead of keeping it to myself, I decided it is better to show folks that this is a dirty bird and not in a good way to fly.

I am still trying to work on ways to make it so what happened here doesn't happen again in the future but in the meantime, this should at least be a quick but entertaining journey that involves a near crash for you guys

Comment

I was finally able to work some of the kinks out with this plane. These are videos showing me flying my B-17 and loving it with some bigger heavier batteries:

This is with the Hyperion 550mAh:

This is my the Nano-Tech 600mAh:

I flew both within about 10 minutes of each other in nearly identical conditions, which was very calm air with the wind changing direction slightly with the temperature in the low 30's.

Comment

This is some footage I am really proud of that we shot yesterday even though there was a little weird wind I was fighting. We captured my most scale take-off and landing to date on video with this awesome little E-Flite UMX B-17 Flying Fortress WWII Bomber.

This is now my favorite plane to fly. It just looks so cool in the air!

Comment

Working...
          X